What time do you let your children out in the morning?

Options

Comments

• dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Our consensus for noise agreed with our neighbours is 10am (their lad works nights so at least gets a couple of hours kip before the noise of the day kicks in then) - but that's something we actually worked out between ourselves.
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    10am at weekends ... hard working people only get a max of two mornings when they can have a lie-in. Maybe later on Sundays....
  • Auntie-Dolly
    Auntie-Dolly Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Options
    Slightly OT, but as children we weren't allowed to play out on Sunday afternoons as my Dad thought people were entitled to some peace & quiet.
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't let mine out before 9am, think its only fair to the neighbours as my DS can be very loud :o
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think 8am on weekdays would be acceptable and then 9am at weekends but that is just my thoughts and I'm always up by 6am.

How about asking your neighbours what they find acceptable? I'm sure they would like the fact you are considering what they would like. They may well be heavy sleepers where they would not mind your lo being out at 6am.

I think this all depends on your neighbours.

If they have children themselves then it may not be so much of a problem.

If they are elderly/night workers/weekend is their only free time then it is reasonable, in my opinion, to keep noise down to a minimum.

It's all about compromise.

Out all day screaming/shouting would drive most people up the wall. Out for a short time (brought back in if 'over the top') is, to my mind, more than reasonable.

Walks, visits to the parks etc, 'gardening together', all keep the noise down. It's when kids are 'let out' with free rein and no consideration that drives me mad.

Find out from your neighbours what they deem reasonable.

Kids have to let of steam and they are often noisy. I am fairly tolerant but now I am 'kids free' I do also appreciate some peace and quiet!
  • BugglyB
    BugglyB Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Options
    I work most days except Sunday, I like to sleep until 11ish, I reckon 9am is an excellent compromise. Please though, on a Sunday, do be mindful of what noise they're making even if its the afternoon - our old neighbours lad used to play a game where he'd shout ONE, TWO, THREE, and then run round the garden being a plane. And repeat. For hours. Damn near drove me potty :)
  • I_wanna_live_for_free
    Options
    Next door's boys were screaming in the garden yesterday (so we stayed indoors) then they stopped screaming at each other so their parents both screeched at them to find out why they were quiet (they had decided to play in their sandpit instead of hitting each other with branches)

Made our plans for a peaceful afternoon in the garden vanish rapidly!

Today their mum has taken the boys out - and their dad has decided to break up the concrete base of their old shed. Which is also making the dogs on the other side bark so they're shouting at the dogs to stop barking. And because they're shouting, the dogs are barking.

It's another "peaceful" sunday here. :(
  • Kiboko
    Kiboko Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    You could ask the neighbours, you might be pleasantly surprised, on the other hand if you have grumpy neighbours you might get a barrage of children should be seen and not heard :) On the other hand I think 9am is very reasonable, you do have the right to use your garden and most people recognise that kids need to let off steam.
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    I would suggest 9am during the week, 10am on a Sunday.

Although that would be just to play quietly in the garden, I wouldn't let them chap their friends' doors at that time or anything.
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • melancholly
    melancholly Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If only the guys near us who works on his old car, revving the engine and banging about from 8am at the weekend, was as considerate as most of you guys who are parents!!
    :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport