ESA - Partner works 25 hours

Options
2»

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    depression wrote: »
    Thanks so much for your reply.It's she that earns, and its about £21,000 a year. But she has to pay all the household and childtrens costs. I know I should only get what I am entitled to and am I right in thinking that whatever happens either in the support group or work related group I will get some ESA for 12 months?

Yep, you will receive some ESA either way for twelve months. Some people are suggesting that those who are migrated from IB will have their time counted on IB towards the twelve months, but from what I have read that is not the case. Obviously, the govt may change their mind about the whole thing before it comes into effect!
    Gone ... or have I?
  • Tehya
    Tehya Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    stella65 wrote: »
    I have recently moved in with a friend (of the opposite sex). Been slated on here before for saying this - as nobody seems to believe that in 2011, peolple cannot live in a platonic relationship.

Just ignore some people, they couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.

I'd love to see what these people would have thought about my situation over 20 years ago. I ended up living with 3 men after moving to Devon from Leeds with my friend and her 2 male cousins. She met someone and moved in with him. Her room was then rented to another man which meant I ended up sharing with 3 guys who I had no romantic thoughts towards whatsoever.

So come on folks it is quite possible to share with a guy and not be "living together". Mind you convincing the DWP may just be another matter.
  • stella65
    stella65 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Tehya wrote: »
    Just ignore some people, they couldn't think their way out of a paper bag.

I'd love to see what these people would have thought about my situation over 20 years ago. I ended up living with 3 men after moving to Devon from Leeds with my friend and her 2 male cousins. She met someone and moved in with him. Her room was then rented to another man which meant I ended up sharing with 3 guys who I had no romantic thoughts towards whatsoever.

So come on folks it is quite possible to share with a guy and not be "living together". Mind you convincing the DWP may just be another matter.
    Hiya - thank you for that
    I know - it is ridiculous.
    I know some people 'try it on' - but I have no reason to, it would not benefit me in anyway

The questions on the form are not easy though - as they are not suited to everybodys situation. But I can only answer them and see what happens.

What a mad world we live in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport