tech-centre.eu

Options
124»

Comments

• jimmy800000
    Options
    dpac123 wrote: »
    Try putting the London address into google and you'll see several companies registered at the same address. Also the phone no is an 0705 premium rate number. Probably best not to touch with a bargepole!!

Hi everyone the same thing happend to me thought this seems to good to be true so did some checking....they are haveing a laugh MagXtra is fishing a product..................reeeeeel you in
  • Teblin
    Options
    I was looking on google shopping for a good deal on the new mobile phone htc desire hd. Found 1 listed at ₤338 from a seller called podornot unrated on a google shopping page.

When you click this link it goes to xtramag page where its offering a htc desire hd for ₤219 less than half of what they are being sold for atplay.com and kingofgadgets! i thought at nce this must be too good to be true so i did a google search to research this company xtramag and thank god i found this forum.
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    majuba wrote: »
    The site appears to have been reborn as xtramag.net.

Digital Buzz is continuing to trade from its, er, chunk-of-rock-in-Indian-Ocean domain address.

Xtramag, its sister website, is by contrast registered to a wooden shack on the, um, Turks & Caicos Islands.

I do wish these dumb scammers would try to be just a little more imaginative: it's getting boring, looking at all their instantly obvious failed attempts to appear credible.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PhylPho wrote: »
    I dunno, why would anyone with a single functioning brain cell consider for even a single second making a purchase from a website that is registered to a domain. . .

. . . in the far-off Indian Ocean comprising. . .

. . . a few chunks of rock nominally owned by France?

Jeez.

people just do, if the price looks too good to be true then it is
  • raunak_l
    Options
    Teblin wrote: »
    I was looking on google shopping for a good deal on the new mobile phone htc desire hd. Found 1 listed at ₤338 from a seller called podornot unrated on a google shopping page.

When you click this link it goes to xtramag page where its offering a htc desire hd for ₤219 less than half of what they are being sold for atplay.com and kingofgadgets! i thought at nce this must be too good to be true so i did a google search to research this company xtramag and thank god i found this forum.

the same thru google, i ran into this site. a friend and i almost ended up buying desire hd and and an ipad. but this rang loud in my head "If it's too good to be true.....". So my friend suggested calling up or emailing them using the 'contact us' link. funny thing, i got a reply. made it seem legitimate, and the courier options, DHL and FedEx... good work there. the basket all loaded with stuff, i just decided to run a search on google and there it was...... complaints against xtramag....

so never forget... if its too good to be true.... ha ha

ron
  • raunak_l
    Options
    < Dear customer ,
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Thank you for taking time to e-mail us !
    We are an Online FREE TAX Company (Offshore Corporation), this is why we can practice the most competitive prices for electronics on the Internet. We are an online electronics and gadgets shop retailer with an aim to supply you the best price on the market for online electronics as we do not maintain a physical electronics and gadgets shop with expensive rentals and staff costs, we believe that by operating an online electronics and gadgets shop we are able to pass on the cost savings to our customers.
    Sincerely,
    XtraMag Customer Support>

[/FONT]

Original Message
    To: XtraMag
    Sent: Tue, Nov 16, 2010 2:36 am
    Subject: Re: :: HTC Desire HD

So how many people have you duped so far? The site you've made and the effort you've put in....impressive. >

<[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Dear customer ,
    Thank you for taking time to e-mail us !

The model you have chosen comes with the following accessories: USB cable, Battery and charger,[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    manuals and software.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] All our products are compatible with all conditions and requirements of the EU(UK) market, all are brand new, 100% authentic with international warranty and come in sealed manufacturer boxes including all original factory accessories, manuals and software. [/FONT]
    Sincerely,

<
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On 11/15/2010 10:32 PM, XtraMag wrote:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Dear customer ,
    Thank you for taking time to e-mail us !

All the products on our site are on stock. If a product is not on stock, than it will not be present on our site.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    We ship 99% of orders within 2-3 business day after the payment was clarified. The necessary shipping time for your location is 5-7 working days. [/FONT] At the moment we no longer accept Cred[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]it Card as a payment method. We apologize for this matter and we are making all efforts to implement it again.[/FONT]
    Sincerely

all from different email addresses!!

let's bring these jerks down!!

ron

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    raunak_l wrote: »
    < Dear customer , [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for taking time to e-mail us ! [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We are an Online FREE TAX Company (Offshore Corporation), this is why we can practice the most competitive prices for electronics on the Internet. . . [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]> We ship 99% of orders within 2-3 business day after the payment was clarified. The necessary shipping time for your location is 5-7 working days. At the moment we no longer accept Cred[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]it Card as a payment method. We apologize for this matter and we are making all efforts to implement it again.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]let's bring these jerks down!![/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/QUOTE]

They are already. All of these types of enterprise need payment processors to succeed otherwise that hoped-for income won't reach 'em.

Payment processors may be daft sometimes, but they're not raving bonkers enough to run a merchant account for an outfit operating one business from an Indian Ocean Internet domain and the other, from the Turks & Caicos Islands domain.

Unable to get credit card payments then, the inevitable resort is to payment lines like the discredited Western Union. (And, in desperation, offer purchasers a discount for going along with that.)

Both these websites are riddled with the hilariously awful English of Nigerian scammers, although they could equally as well be non-English speakers from anywhere else.

Frantically trying to look like they're an offshore operation like, say, major players such as play.com and my memory. com, they're nevertheless too thick to get even that right, describing themselves as a "free tax" business instead of tax-free.

There's absolutely no point in devoting a moment's time to chasing these illiterate morons.

As for any one falling for their sales pitch, I've no sympathy at all: if they can't even check to see what an Internet domain suffix means, then money must come a darn sight easier to them than it does to the rest of us.
  • Denie
    Denie Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi just been duped by what looks like the same company
    EXPOMAG.eu and expoboutique.com
    Both addresses come up when your on their web page , bought a monitor via PayPoint (UKASH)
    I've alerted the fraud dept and I'm awaiting there reply.
    I have had an email to say goods are in transit, but they cannot give me a parcel tracking number .
    I will post any updates as to whether Pay point do something or my monitor miraculously arrives.
    I will not hold my breath.
  • redwhiteandy
    Options
    I've been conned by expomag.eu using ukash as part of their M.O. Ukash have washed their hands of me. Has anyone tried the F.S.A.?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Google is only a search engine, It list what is on the net but doesn't make any promises about the content of any of the sites it lists. Use it as a tool, not as a guide to what is safe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure