Argos won't refund money for UNOPENED digital camera

Options
2»

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In this day & age its so simple to buy security labels and machines that can reseal boxes quite cheaply.

On items that can be used and returned i presume they try and cut down on abuse of the system.

I wonder how many camcorders they sold on a friday and got returned on a monday as unwanted, Also wonder
    how many people accidently left the tape of the wedding/party in the camera/camcorder when they returned it?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• IndigoBlue_2
    IndigoBlue_2 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    Just sell it on eBay stick a reserve on it and get your money back that way. (BNIB)
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,751 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    IndigoBlue wrote: »
    Just sell it on eBay stick a reserve on it and get your money back that way. (BNIB)

The OP will get no where near the price they paid back but this may be the best solution.
  • IndigoBlue_2
    Options
    Gavin83 wrote: »
    The OP will get no where near the price they paid back but this may be the best solution.

Tough. The returns policy states no return on DC. This is the best way to get his money back.
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    They have that "excluded" disclaimer on more & more products now.
    I'd only ever buy a camera from them on-line (but not click & collect). You can still return it to a store but you get DSR rights and your P&P back.
  • Unintentional
    Options
    The cashier would of said to you it's exempt from the money back guarantee so by going ahead with the transaction, you accepted that.

How is the camera packaged? Does it have plastic wrapping round the box? Or any seals on the point where you open it?
    I try to help as much as I can. But I'm also honest and speak my mind.

Smoke free since Jan 2014 :D If you want any advice on quitting please send me a PM. :)
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The cashier would of said to you it's exempt from the money back guarantee so by going ahead with the transaction, you accepted that.

I thought of that, but the OP may have used a self-serve machine :)
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • nicolax
    nicolax Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    I thought of that, but the OP may have used a self-serve machine :)

the self service machines actually come up with a notice too saying theyre exempt as well
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thought of that too, but didn't know for certain :p
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    The only way to get a refund on a camera with Argos is if its ordered and delivered to you house via phone or web.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure