Income Support: Christmas Payments

Options
Evening :)

Is there a way of working out when payments might fall during Christmas? I'd really like to budget for Christmas week as I'm on Income Support due to my health but I'm not entirely sure when they will be paid. I know some are paid in advance but I'm not sure just how far.

I'm due to have a payment the Thursday of the week that Christmas is on the Tuesday. (27th would have been so much easier to explain, wouldn't it ;))

Does anyone work for Jobcenter Plus or have any experience of how it may fall? It's my first time on this - I'm hoping to get back to finding work early next year.

Comments

• Frugalmum_2
    Options
    If you nip in to your local post office they should have a notification posted on the counter, they usually have these whenever there is a statutory holiday.

Hope that helps
    2008 Live on £4000 # 119 £249.68/£3836.07 joined 15 Jan
    Sealed Pot Challenge #102 - Target £500 FebGrocery Challenge £23.36/£100
    Quidco 2008 - £133.80 Ebay Target 2008 £269.65/£1200 Amazon Target £150
  • stazi
    stazi Posts: 1,295 Forumite
    Options
    Just ring your JCP Benefit Centre and ask them - but not Thur & Fri this week as they'll be on strike.
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If payment is due on a Bank Holiday (or another day the Post Office is closed) it will be paid usually the working day before it is due (for example last year a friend on IS was due on the Bank Holiday Monday so it went in on the Friday) but if your payment does not fall on a Bank Holiday then it is usually paid on the usual day. I don't think the Thursday is a Bank Holiday, so it will probably be paid on it's due day. Your best bet would be to contact DWP and confirm this.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Smickan
    Smickan Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you guys :)

I had no idea about any strike!?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts