Halifax to Halifax Bank Transfer - How long does it take?

Options
2»

Comments

• Zeerust
    Zeerust Posts: 40 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not sure if things have changed ... but with Bank of Scotland (BOS)part of the HBOS now Lloyds ... it looks like its takes 3 days to move from one BOS to another BOS... cash is showing as out of my account ... but not yet in the other

Must be in limbo somewhere.
  • jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have found transfers between Halifax and BOS accounts in different names to be instantaneous, but to/from Lloyds still takes several days.
  • blueberrypie
    blueberrypie Posts: 2,395 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Transfers between my Lloyds and Halifax accounts are instant, as long as they're within the Faster Payments limits.
  • jambosans
    jambosans Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    edited 8 December 2009 at 6:39PM
    Options
    Zeerust wrote: »
    Not sure if things have changed ... but with Bank of Scotland (BOS)part of the HBOS now Lloyds ... it looks like its takes 3 days to move from one BOS to another BOS... cash is showing as out of my account ... but not yet in the other

This only tends to happen if you are transferring to/ from a Bank of Scotland business account or what's referred to as a legacy account (an old BoS Account which was not migrated when the merger took place with Halifax).

All Bank of Scotland personal accounts run on the same platform as Halifax, so transfers between 8am and 6pm will either transfer instantly or within two hours. Transfers done out with these hours will either transfer instantly or by 10am the following working day (and Saturday). Transfers that do not go instantly either come from a "special" type of account (e.g. Save4it) or additional checks needed to be done (e.g. large transfer). Transfers between "linked" current/ basic accounts should always go instantly (but there can be exceptions for the aforementioned reasons).
    Anything I post is my opinion, so from time to time I may be wrong. I try to provide answers based in fact, however I don't know everything, so (like all posters on MSE), take what I say with a pinch of salt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure