Wickes And Their 2/3 Year Warranty

Options
hi all, im really annoyed at wickes, im just gonna paste the letter i sent to them..... I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ELECTRICAL ITEM FROM THEM, EVER (well unless its really cheap

RE: Replacement of 1500W Table Saw and the level of service received.

To Whom It May Concern

I am taking this time out of my Sunday afternoon to write this letter of complaint because of the level of customer service I received from your Dewsbury branch today, I am totally appalled by how o was treated by the supposed store manager and his assistant (Matt). In the 21st century the least you would expect is a courteous hello and a customer service which should tempt you back into the store you shopped at. I myself have purchased many items from wickes including many electrical items all which have a 2 year or 3 year warranty. I purchased the above table saw in late 2006 and have used it on a daily basis, the saw failed today and as I was busy and needed to use it I got my receipt and took it back to the same store I purchased it from (Dewsbury). I went to the service desk and explained the situation to which the reply I got was it is nearly 2 years old and it only has a years warranty, I explained that the saw was still within warranty and he totally ignored me and said I was lying. Thankfully I had the box at home (it was in the celler rotting away) I had to ring my elderly dad and had to ask him to bring it to the store so I could prove how much warranty a WICKES product had to the WICKES customer service representative, even after I provided the box the representative in concern was adamant that al boxes must be kept for all electrical good for the period of their warranty. I have many electrical items and If I was to keep the boxes then my entire living room and hallway would be stacked up high with boxes. I have returned drills to B&Q and an Angle Grinder to Aldi and on both the occasions when getting the product exchanged as per their warranties I have never been asked for the boxes and I also got a brand new boxed product back. This is the first time I have returned a product back to wickes and I received a half opened box back which I had to take back to my car with great difficulty (an opened box is harder to carry than a sealed box)

I am writing this letter of complaint to achieve 4 things
  • I want written confirmation whether you need a box along with a product 2 years after the product was purchased (if the product goes faulty).
  • I want this table saw (which was given to be in a half empty box to be replaced with a brand new table saw in a sealed box (at the end of the day a product should be replaced with a brand new one if it goes faulty within the warranty)
  • I want a full 3 year ‘NO QUIBLE’ warranty for the new saw as the amount of hassle I have been through today was unacceptable as I paid good money for a a product that was sold to me with a warranty which I did not receive
  • A letter from your department to the Dewsbury store regarding how to deal with customers and also how much warranty comes with their products.

I will appreciate a quick response from all recipients of this letter. I will be sending this letter to 3 addresses The Dewsbury Branch, The Northampton CS, and the Harrow Address.

Regards

Comments

• uktim29
    uktim29 Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    Options
    The sale of goods act only will give you like for like. For an item almost 2 years old you can't expect a new item in return, only a repair. They might do it, but you can't demand/expect it.
  • nurofen
    nurofen Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    they didnt give me a repaired item, they got a brand new item unboxed it in front of the 15 people queuing up at the side and just put the table saw inside with nothing else and ddint even have the courtesy to tape the box back up. also looking back at it now i think they missed a few parts that are paramount to the saw (btw they replaced it with a different model than the one i had which i forgot to mention in the letter - i will defo have to take it back now coz the safety catches for the old one may not even fit on this one.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure