How long does it take for a decision once you make a claim for DLA?

Options
2»

Comments

• earwig
    earwig Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    hi phone camh tell them your concerns i did this with my dd when i got the first letter to say that the waiting list was 18 weeks before she could have an appointment to see if they could take her on i phoned them up and told them what was happening with her and they made an appointment for the following week she has been going there about once a month good luck
    i cant slow down i wont be waiting for you i cant stop now because im dancing
  • teabag29
    teabag29 Posts: 1,898 Forumite
    Options
    I was thinking of this but the only number i can find for camhs says strictly professionals only, not a number for the general public
  • teabag29
    Options
    Arghhh I feel like screaming. Managed to get hold of camhs who say they have not had a referral for my dd (i saw the doctor a week ago and he promised to fill it in and it be sent off by the next day!). I explained how doctor just put bad behaviour down and didnt go into detail about my concerns and therefore im worried the referral wont be accepted. The lady said all i can do is ring back doctor and tell him he needs to put more detail on the form.

Have rang surgery and they told me to ring back this afternoon so they can see why the referral form hasnt been done yet also they have no appts until next week. This will be my 3rd appt now and each time he talks over me and just nodds and says bad behaviour. I am going to ask to see the other gp but they will have prob sent the form off by the time i get an appt grrrr
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can you see a different GP at the surgery?
  • teabag29
    Options
    Well not really, its a small surgery with only 2 gps and the other is away until next week sometime but even then I find it very hard to understand him (he is asian) as he doesnt speak english all that clearly. Also when I first moved here I saw the other G.P and he was very rude, I was under alot of stress and feeling very low at the time (i have a long history of depression dating back to when i was 14) and he told me I don not have depression its all in my head and basically stop wasting his time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure