BT - £530 bill dialling talking clock!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• pikkakard
    Options
    deklan99 wrote: »
    Just to clarify something I might have missed, if the OP has CPS with sky talk and just dials 123 that would appear on a BT bill, no need for 1280 bypass? Sorry if appear dim, just off nights.

I think I may be the dim one because I don't know what that means, sorry.
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pikkakard wrote: »
    I wish I could afford to take a company as big as BSKYB to court. Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think this would be possible

You can take anyone to the small claims court without a solicitor or any legal help.

However to win your case you need to be able to present your case logically and have basic knowledge of the consumer law or contract that has been breached.

Small claims court cases are ruled on the balance of probabilities.

So if you write to Sky using special delivery with evidence from an expert that it is possible for the sky box to dial the speaking clock and they should pay your bill plus the cost of the expert. Give them 21 days to reply. If they refute the evidence, you then send them a "Letter Before Action" giving them 14 days to sort the matter out before you take them to court. In the letter list the costs involved i.e. telephone bill, cost of the expert and that they will be liable for all court costs plus interest, you can then take them to court.

In the meantime you need to sort out a payment method with BT to pay them back.

BTW I have threaten various large companies with the small claims court and they have all sorted the issue out before it's got there. Mainly because they are afraid of bad publicity.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • Mancunian
    Mancunian Posts: 963 Forumite
    Options
    You can unplug your sky box & leave it unplugged - it's only used for interactive TV (you can plug it back in if you need to) but I was originally told the box also 'dials home' with info on what's been watched. Ours hasn't been plugged in for the last 4-5 years since we've had Sky & there's been no issues with it.

only unplug if you're NOT in your 1st year... or have NOT signed up for another contract - ie cos u changed from sky - sky+

they should write to you to warn you to plug it back in but be aware..they can claim back Subsidy fee's
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
  • Mancunian
    Mancunian Posts: 963 Forumite
    Options
    oh yeah,,,and this was on BBC Watchdog.... so not an isolated case
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
  • irrelevant
    irrelevant Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ... and always keep both boxes plugged in, and into the same phone line, if you are on a multiroom sub, otherwise they'll charge you full sub for each. (This is to stop you using one sub for two locations..)
  • pikkakard
    Options
    Thought I'd give an update...
    BT paid half the bill because of the awful bullying tactics they used and Sky paid the other half after admitting that their box might be at fault.

Result! Thanks guys.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    PIKKAKARD, I'm maybe being dim but in post #7 you said that your Sky box was NOT connected because the dog had chewed thru the cable - how come Sky accepted responsibility when the box can't be at fault???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure