07005 Numbers HELP!!!!

Options
I have been trying to phone my grandad in hospital but the 39p/min charge is a con ... i've tried sever numbers but none of them seem to accept the 070057 number even though they say any 070 number?

Can anybody help ??

thanks

-Tom

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    The cost may be more than 39p/minute - it depends on the 6th digit (see HERE).

The MSE UK Callchecker shows 16 providers which allegedly carry such calls at reduced costs but, as you have found out, some (possibly all) shy away from these rip-off numbers which our government has so disgracefully allowed.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • mrnomoneybags
    Options
    Seems like they are all blocked :( What a total rip off :(

Oh the number is 070057 :(

So they charge us rip off pricing to park ........ rip off pricing for our loved ones to watch tv in there bed ..... and rip off prices to phone them.

-Tom
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    070057 numbers are charged at pn3 rate - which is 39p/minute PLUS VAT weekdays (i.e. the real price is 46.55p/minute). Evenings and weekends they're still a rip-off 37p/minute.

Reminds me of a quotation on a par with "Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime" - "The NHS will remain free at the point of use."
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Options
    It seems that 1899 only allows access to certain 070 numbers. At 15p/min they would almost certainly be making a loss on the higher rate numbers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure