Options
2»

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    You should have what you like, not what someone else has decided is in fashion.

Mrs E is right, it is fashionable but I love that look, have always picked Matt and Satinwood/eggshell even when I was a teenager painting my bedroom in purple and yellow! Certainly no shying away from the fact that I pick what I like.

There are lots of ways to make a room feel bigger or adjust the appearance of dimensions without painting the walls in silk. It does show up every imperfection on the wall surface - you need immaculate walls before you can get away with satin. I like the softness and texture of matt walls, it adds depth and warmth.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    well thanks all I went for mat after all as there were tins of dulux matt in lilac love!!! I used a roller and did two rooms in two days. result cheap but good paint too. great forum this always have lots of help and support and discussion!!
  • ixwood
    ixwood Posts: 2,550 Forumite
    Options
    MrsE wrote: »
    Silk is a little dated, Matt is more current.

Just like for woodwork, gloss is dated & the less shiny satinwood is in.

I'm behind the times. Again. What does satinwood look like?

Now that I think about it, my gloss work never really seems that glossy anyway. Maybe it's the cheap paint I always use.
  • nizam_uddin
    Options
    :jHello, I would strongly suggest matt, as it allows walls to breathe, therefore reduces damp and condensation issues in long term.

Because brick is a natural product, its kind of living products, needs to breathe air to let moisture out, other way the trapped moister can not escape and will create problems in long term.

I have alway used matt there's lots of advantage one it helps to hide imperfect wall surface / texture, two lets wall breathe, Keeps room temperature worm than silk, silk makes the room cold as the wall takes too long to worm up.

Nizam Uddin.
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why respond to a post that is over a year old? One assumes the OP has painted their walls now.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure