Old fridge freezer aby scrap value?

Options
Hi I have an old fridge freezer weighing about 50kg in my garage, I live about 4 miles away from a scrap dealer, if I took it would it be worth anything as scrap?

Keith

Comments

• keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    or most likely inside an hour or so. :rotfl:

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is classed as 'light iron' at my local scrappies and is currently attracting about £120 / tonne. However, if it is an old fridge, they probably won't take it as the coolant gas may well be CFC. If thats the case, ir will need to be degassed. Your local councill can take it away for you.

However, if you leave it out the front of your house, certain members of the travelling community (who are born with magnets in their foreheads and thus naturally attracted to ferrous metals) will make it disappear.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • Moomum
    Moomum Posts: 958 Forumite
    Options
    I left my old fridge freezer outside ready for comet to collect (£10 an item charge!) and within five minutes a guy had knocked and asked if he could take it away! Said he gladly could and comet refunded me for not having to dispose of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure