ACE9000 KBD - display...

Options
2»

Comments

• Mynewt
    Mynewt Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    There are numerous makes and models of gas and electric prepayment meter. While there specific functionality may be different in general they all work the same, they will all be set ot provide the same overall result. i.e. debt repayment of a certain amount over a certain time frame. All roads lead to rome as they say.
  • debrag
    debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Options
    sequence wrote: »
    Not all meters are the same. My electric meter takes £10 per week for debt and my gas meter takes 70% of any credit for debt.

I have been told £15 for each meter each week. Gas will be paid off next week.
  • gary_63
    Options
    dunloadin wrote: »
    Screens on a key meter are as follows:

-A: Value of credit in meter (value of emergency credit remaining if followed by solid E)
    -B: Minimum value of credit you require to purchase to take your meter out of emergency credit and back into normal credit
    -C: Date (only shown on 2 rate meters)
    -D: Time (only shown on 2 rate meters)
    -E: Total value of credit accepted (since meter installed or last reset)
    -F: Total weekly fixed charge (standing charge and debt recovery rate (if applicable))
    -G: Total number of units recorded (since meter installed)
    -H: Number of units used at Domestic or Day rate (since meter installed or last reset)
    -I: Pence per unit for units at Domestic or Day rate
    -J: Number of units used at Night or Low rate (since meter installed or last reset, only shown on 2 rate meters)
    -K: Pence per unit for units at Night or Low rate (only shown on 2 rate meters)
    -R: E=£x.xx Emergency credit value
    -S: Total debt value remaining set on meter
    -T: Weekly debt recovery rate

Be aware, screens H & J may be reset when an engineer visits to reset your meter or a new key is issued or reprogrammed, although screen G should not get reset

A bit confused as i have just had the TELEXUS ace9000 installed adn the above info is a little out - as the "c" is the time on my metre, So not too sure what the rest of them are as i don't have "r" "s" "t" either...
    I am in economy 7, and have a storage heater in the lounge, but never really use it as it take so long to heat up and as it releases the heat through he day, I see it as a bit of a waste as i am at work all day.

Gary
  • SwanJon
    SwanJon Posts: 2,333 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Gary - you'll need to put the key in to get screens R, S & T. As to C&D - they could be the other way round so that's not an issue. The other screens will all be as above.
    The storage heater should keep it's heat right through the day if the output is closed, but if you are not using it, it might be worth changing to single rate (you'd need to speak to your supplier).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure