DLA am i entitled being fully deaf in 1 ear?

Options
im new here, im on long term IB, i have diabetes and thyroidism along with depression and rheumatoid arthritis, i have been deaf in one ear from as long as i can remember and people keep telling me i am entitled to DLA but i havent a clue if i am and the dss dont tell you voluntarily so i dont know if i am entitled to it, i only found out from the pharmacy that my prescriptions were exempt from payment due to the thyroid condition so now i have an exemption card, so could somebody enlighten me please as to what extra benefit if any i could be entitled to? many thanks

Comments

• SuziQ
    SuziQ Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    DLA is paid on the extra care you need for your condition,not for the condition itself. Being deaf in one ear wouldn't automatically entitle you to DLA-but it may well be that a combination of all your problems would make you eligible. You can download the form to see the sort of information they require. Please get help filling out the form if you decide to go ahead as you could easily minimise your problems by not answerig correctly-you can go to the CAB for help and may also get help and advice from suport groups for the 3 illnesses/problems you mention.
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure