Copy of Old Credit Card Statements

Options
Hi there, I'd be grateful for a bit advice. I need to get copies of 17 months' worth of credit card statements between mid 2005 and end 2006, from 4 different card companies. I have phoned the companies concerned and found this could cost around £300.

I have read on other threads here that I can get this information using the letter template for a subject access request under the DPA. I have looked at this letter and it would be great if I could use it as it would save me a fortune but I have a couple of queries - I need to see all transactions (dates, amount and payee) for this period not just the charges, and also I only need it for this period not since the account was opened (one of the accounts was opened around 20 years ago!). Is this possible - do I just change the wording to state the period I need, and will I get a list of transactions for this time?

Many thanks for your help.

Comments

• Scaredy_Cat_3
    Options
    You should get a list of everything the companies hold on you - including your statements - for a fee of about £10 per company. (That's an estimate, I can't remember the exact figure, sorry).

I don't think you can specify the time period, you will just have to take the lot... or pay the fees for specific statements.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure