Epson R220 Ink cartridges not recognized

Options
2»

Comments

• slenderkitten
    Options
    yeah i hae a epson stylus d78 turned off printer for two weeks then get an incompatible message and all inks say there is nothing in them when i bought printer came with tesco inks from cash generator it worked for two weeks then after turning i back on it wont print

if you ask me its more to do with tesco, my inks are all full i can hear it when i shake it. this sse utility doesn't support my printer, any ideas?
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
  • minimarvel1
    Options
    Hi Do we have a differnt website that does SX100 stylus as the SSC service utility does not list this printer,

Thanks?????
  • santer_2
    santer_2 Posts: 4,406 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Haven't seen one (yet) for the recent printers, maybe because compatibles became more reliable in regard to being recognised. Compatibles mostly show as genuine in the ink monitor.

If you have compatibles which are not recognised, remove the cartridge or cartridges, switch the printer off, remove the power lead from the printer for a few minutes.

Replace the power lead, switch the printer on, replace the cartridges when prompted.

If no change, contact the supplier, who should send replacements.
  • emoff
    Options
    Hi there, I don't have much computer knowledge but I recently replaced 2 ink cartridges in my epson stylus sx515w (the black and the magenta) after doing this the printer came up with the message that it did not recognise the cyan cartridge. I took it out gave it a shake turned the printer off and back on and it worked again. After printing a couple of pages, the printer then decided the yellow wasn't recognised??? All these cartridges are genuine epson cartridges and I've never used anything else... After doing the same with the yellow repeatedly it still won't recognise it! It is half full so should be no need to replace, plus the fact it worked perfect earlier!
    Please help...:mad:
  • santer_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Remove the yellow ink, switch the printer off, remove the power lead from the back of the printer for a few minutes, replace the power lead, switch the printer on, replace the ink when prompted.

If no change, contact Epson live chat during office hours

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/cms/index/6
  • pinkemsy
    pinkemsy Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    This is a complete nightmare. I have gone through about 10 different inks with a company who reputable and sell 'compatible inks'. I've been through 3 cartridges in 3 weeks with not much printing! The same thing happens time and time again, ink is not recognised. However, this also happened with genuine Epson inks, just not to the same level as these compatible ones.

I'm absolutely baffled, I had huge problems with HP and connection via wifi. I then switched to Epson, great little printer but a nightmare with the inks!

Think I might write to Epson instead of spending hours on the phone, in the live chat, doing things I've already tried to fix the problem. Exasperated!
  • santer_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can write to Epson, though don't mention compatibles as they blame everything on it not being Epson

They extend this to paper if it won't feed properly etc

You didn't say which printer, though this should apply to most

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/faq/3836/2085

You could ask here if their refillable cartridges with auto reset chips will work in this situation

http://www.inkexpress.co.uk/catalogue/Refillable-Ink-Cartridges/Epson.html
  • HughSpencer
    Options
    I have an Epson SX415 and use genuine cartridges, £30 for a set of 4 through Amazon. I don't use the printer very much as it could be a week or two between printing. I have, in the past, used compatibles but they always caused trouble, Why can't the compatibles contain the special fluid which helps with the flow of ink? I would like someone in the know to explain to me why this can't be done.
  • Raptor19
    Options
    THIS WORKS
    I have an R220 and found some ideas somewhere else this tip was for canons but has worked on my Epson.
    1) Revove cartridges
    2) Turn off printer (I pulled the power lead out and closed any printer software to be on the safe side)
    3) Turn on printer
    4) Reinsert cartriges
    5) PRINT

Hope this helps :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business