100% Waterproof laminate flooring -anyone used?

Options
2»

Comments

• Toff
    Toff Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I have used this stuff, its only made by two companies, both Belgian. Aquastep and Dumafloor.
    Its PVC based and so is entirely submersible, please do not confuse with normal supposedly waterproof laminate, its £40 a metre hence you wont see it at regular DIY shops when its more than most real solid woods. I have just used it at mine for the simple reason that the whole place can be done using it without any joins. Its warmer than carpet and better insulated, Quieter than normal laminate, as water resistant as vinyl so I have it in kitchen and bathroom and living room and living and dining room and I suppose technically it can even go in the garage or outside. Oh and by the way, haggle very hard I paid £27 per metre.
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    Options
    thx for the laminated spam.
    Get some gorm.
  • less_is_more
    Options
    Toff if you read this can you say where you purchased the flooring from please.
  • BargainGalore
    Options
    Toff hasn't been logged in since 26th August
  • loracan1
    loracan1 Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The problem with 'waterproof' laminate is that if a leak penetrates from beyond the edge. For example, next door having a major flood, or your built-in d/w developing a minor leak - the water gets underneath and is *still* going to be a problem. I'll go so far to say it's going to be a big problem!

Most laminates are going to be water resistant if used with pva glue anyway.
  • turkey1
    Options
    I am thinking of purchasing this flooring, but it is the PVC part that I worry about because I am allergic to some synthetics. Has anyone who has purchased this flooring had any trouble with the smell of it.

Where did Toff purchase it for £27.
  • Shak_A
    Shak_A Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi Toff,

I noted you bought the Aqua Step at £27/m. Was wondering where you got for this price?

Thanks
    Toff wrote: »
    I have used this stuff, its only made by two companies, both Belgian. Aquastep and Dumafloor.
    Its PVC based and so is entirely submersible, please do not confuse with normal supposedly waterproof laminate, its £40 a metre hence you wont see it at regular DIY shops when its more than most real solid woods. I have just used it at mine for the simple reason that the whole place can be done using it without any joins. Its warmer than carpet and better insulated, Quieter than normal laminate, as water resistant as vinyl so I have it in kitchen and bathroom and living room and living and dining room and I suppose technically it can even go in the garage or outside. Oh and by the way, haggle very hard I paid £27 per metre.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure