Selling/getting rid of >100 cd singles

Options
Hi,

Having a clearout, and I have too many cd singles - never listen to them, and want more space. Dont want to just chuck them in the bin. None of them are rare, basically chart stuff from the last 10-15 years.

From a quick look on ebay, indiually they are not going to sell for more than pennies, and I havent got the time or patiewnce to list them all on ebay individually.

Was wondering whether anyone had any ideas - I could bundle them up into groups of 5, but I cant imagine these selling miuch better. Am I better just taking them to a car boot sale, or donating them to a charity shop?

Would welcome the collective wisdom from those one here, as although I ahve some expericen of ebay, I think most people have more.

Cheers all

BTW if you want to scare youself, add up how much you have spent on things like cds or cd singles over the past few years. Reckon my mortgage would be almost paid off by now if I had been more sensible
No longer an accidental landlord, still a wannabe millionaire:beer:

initiative q sign up link

https://initiativeq.com/invite/HQHpIjaoQ

Comments

• mnt99york
    mnt99york Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    I sell CD singles on ebay and do quite well from it.

I get my stock off ebay too, from people selling off job lots like yours.

Selling them in lots of 5 is a waste of time - you can't get the titles into the listing name so nobody finds them.

The best way would be to sell them either individually or as one job lot - but don't expect mega bucks. For 100 singles, depending on the titles, I wouldn't pay more than £20-£25 including postage.

Dance singles are worth a lot more than general pop stuff, because dance acts tended not to release albums so the singles are the only way to get the tracks.

As for how much I spent on CD singles back in the day, I dread to think. I've got a collection of over 4,000 all bought at between £2 and £4 over a space of 15 years! I'd never part with my collection though, I love them and I'm still adding to it!
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,288 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    see if worth anything on magpie music: http://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/

and don't forget amazon marketplace as free to list.
  • chja
    chja Posts: 913 Forumite
    Options
    Sell them as a bundle of 100 - mention a few of the more memorable ones, but otherwise call it a lucky dip. Start at 99p, but make sure you get your postage cost right.

I imagine there would be a fair bit of interest (post the listing ref- i'd like a look myself ;) )
  • molit
    molit Posts: 373 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well listed them all on ebay so will wait and see - link for anyone who is interested
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280299475422

Also, thanks to all for your advice

• butterfly72
    butterfly72 Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I'm the same, I've got 100s of CD singles and albums. I've listed and sold loads of the albums and a few singles on amazon. Others that where only selling for a very low amount on amazon, I sold at a car boot for £1 each. I got rid of loads! Most of mine are alternative and indie and a few rare ones at that. Also got a job lot of rare vinyl and was only offered £100 for them all despite them selling for £20/30 a piece! I turned them down but now have to sell them individually. I'm gonna keep posting them on amazon and have another carboot in the summer. That music magpie don't seem to want any of them.

I was also thinking of listing them all and putting an add for a job lot on Gumtree. any other ideas?
    £2019 in 2019 #44 - 864.06/2019
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For rarer ones Amazon is always worth a lot, I've sold some really obscure ones there that are quite dreadful (i'm obviously getting old!) for upwards of £20.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • 2009ismyyear
    Options
    And talking of how much you might have spent on CDs etc - I've just been in the loft and 'found' all my books from Uni and when I was teaching - there are now 70+ books sitting beside me to be listed on amazon - must have cost me a fortune! But seen as they're not going to be used again I'm hoping to claw back a bit of that fortune by reselling them!
  • molit
    molit Posts: 373 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    managed to get quite a bit fore my text books oj amazon - in general, there were a couple which didnt sell, but some did veuy well - far better to sell boooks like that on amazon than ebay

• chja
    chja Posts: 913 Forumite
    Options
    Nice one - you'r just down the road from me !
  • Christina_F
    Options
    Has anyone had any experience of selling CDS via Music Magpie?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure