Freecorder - why doesn't it record anything?

Options
2»

Comments

• tomthebomb
    Options
    Downloaded Radio Downloader & find it great for BBC progs but also found a replacement for Freecorder - it's called Free Hi-Q Recorder & does the job nicely.
    Only thing I miss is the toolbar control.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 November 2009 at 11:31PM
    Options
    I also tried Free Hi-Q Recorder. It does what Audacity (free) does but is much simpler and neater. It can handle manual recording time, scheduled recording time and auto splitting of the saved file. Max MP3 quality is 96kbps though. An excellent find!

- Oh, and it has an auto recording level too, a boon.

[ have since discovered that the file splitting and track detection features are among those disabled on the free version ]
  • poyrazman
    Options
    I have tried two of the freeware recorders discussed here, i.e. Freecorder and Hi-Q Recorder, but neither of them work with my machine. I have a Dell XPS M1710 laptop running XP, with a SigmaTel sound 'card'. This device has only a 'line in' and 'microphone' option. If I select the 'line in' option, nothing is recorded by either of the products mentioned above. If I select 'microphone' and place the mic near my speakers, then I can record, but I also get the background noise in the room as well.

Has anybody else had this problem with the SigmaTel audio chip, and does anybody know of any recording software that will work with such a Dell laptop?
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you made sure that all the sliders on your volume control (advanced panel) are turned up?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure