Carpet fitter cost

Options
Hope this is the right place to ask.

What I want to know is what should I expect to pay a carpet fitter, per m2 or average cost per room?

I will be suppling the gripperrods, underlay and carpet. Lounge and bedroom 2 have gripperrods already inplace.

(all measurements approx)
Lounge 16.65m2
Bedroom 1. 13m2
Bedroom 2. 9m2
Hallway 8.26m2

Comments

• vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Options
    Around £4.50 outside m25 per metersq and expect the fitter to say any liability is restricted to fitting only and not faulty materials or defects caused by materials supplied.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Anything between £2.50 and £5 psm. Some have a minimum charge, usually £30 - £35.
    Bulletproof
  • freezspirit
    Options
    Thanks for the information, I'm in the south west. In the past I've laid the carpet with my dad help but his health is not good and I can't lift the carpets with my back. So thought I would get the pros in.

I'm tempted to install the gripperrods, just for the piece of mind that they don't hammer the nail into any of the barrier pipes running under the plywood floor. Also I would prefer that the underlay be taped not stapled. Would that offend the fitter?

So if I budget to give between £120-£160 for the 4 rooms it will be ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure