Quotemehappy.com - Quoted me miserable

Options
2»

Comments

• property.advert
    Options
    If you don't like an insurer then so what. It is probably because they don't want your risk and you are only looking at prices.

Aviva obviously needs a new delivery medium for a specific product so they start one. They aren't hiding behind a shady company though I do admit it makes their other advertising boasts seem a little crass.

I've got a saved quote from them and they are cheap though they have issues with using only their repairers or quoting an extra £200/250 or so excess (but more are doing this now).

Personally, I'd rather have their insurance than one from a "cheap" company with no reputation to protect. If QMH don't play ball, I know I can rattle the cage of Aviva to get it sorted.
  • Homersimpson
    Options
    Hi Homersimpson

I'm really sorry to hear you have had this problem and we’d like to help. If you can contact our team at this email address [EMAIL="hello@quotemehappy.com"]hello@quotemehappy.com[/EMAIL] we’ll have a look into the account for you.

kind regards

Dave Hyam

I've already contacted your customer services department and they told me point blank they couldn't change the start date on the policy.

To be honest its cost me £25 for you not to do that, I suspect it might cost you an awful lot more.....
    I have a lot of problems with my neighbours, they hammer and bang on the walls sometimes until 2 or 3 in the morning - some nights I can hardly hear myself drilling ;)
  • MrWillyWonka
    Options
    Might be worth cancelling, not sue on the T&C but if you lose a month's worth of insurance (which is usually the case) then you are no worse off than you are but Aviva lose a customer.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    There is another issue - unless you have maximum NCD, then you won't have your current year's NCD available to use on a policy that starts 20 days before the old one completes.
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    I think you should delete that before qmhappy dave comes back!
  • Homersimpson
    Options
    mikey72 wrote: »
    I think you should delete that before qmhappy dave comes back!

Delete what?
    I have a lot of problems with my neighbours, they hammer and bang on the walls sometimes until 2 or 3 in the morning - some nights I can hardly hear myself drilling ;)
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Options
    The comment on the ncd.
  • Homersimpson
    Options
    mikey72 wrote: »
    The comment on the ncd.
    Good point, fortunatly I have maximum no claims discount but thanks for the thought. Its this kind of problem that has annoyed me about their whole attitude.
  • shays_mum
    shays_mum Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    David Hyam Aviva Rep are you around??!! pls respond to your emails......!!
    No one said it was gonna be easy!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Shays_Mum

Was it an Aviva query you have? and did you email me directly? [EMAIL="david.hyam@aviva.co.uk"]david.hyam@aviva.co.uk[/EMAIL] or to the Quote Me Happy email address? I havent recieved any direct emails today or in the last few days from this thread.

I can help with any Aviva queries but for Quote Me Happy queries please contact [EMAIL="hello@quotemehappy.com"]hello@quotemehappy.com[/EMAIL] which will reach their customer services team.

I look forward to hearing from you and helping where I can

Dave
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family