How to calculate my Eon gas in summer?

Options
Candy53
Candy53 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
Hi,

As Eon have a high rate of gas at 2680, I don't know how to calculate it say in the summer when our usage is low.

For instance, if we only use 300kwhs over a quarter, say 85 days, the high rate comes to 624kwhs. So when your usage is low is there another way to calculate it?

Also, we have an old gas back boiler, and only use it at the moment to heat water up, for 45 mins, every other day. The pilot light of course is on all the time, but after we moved house we had to get into line with everyone else, so the bill we've just got has spanned over 129 days, and we used 665kwhs. It averages out at 5.15kwhs per day. Does this sound alot?

Thanx,
Candy
What goes around, comes around.

Comments

• insanegloss
    Options
    Their "high rate" or 1st tier is for the first 2680KwH per year, and for your bills this is done pro-rata like you describe. Using your example of an 85 day bill; the first tier amount of units will be 624kwhs, however if you use 300kwh, you only pay for 300kwh. Its only when you go over the 624kwh for that period that you would start to be charged on the second tier rate.

665 Kwh for 129 days is low, but that is to be expected at this time of the year. It's only during winter you'll be using loads more so do be prepared for that.
    Ex BG complaints veteran of 6 years!
  • Candy53
    Candy53 Posts: 2,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks alot for explaining. I'll be able to work it out now, and keep tags on my usage.

Candy
    What goes around, comes around.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family