M4 - Biggleswade to Bedford Fares?

Options
Auree
Auree Posts: 34 Forumite
Hi,

I think I have to take the M4 from Biggleswade to Bedford, can anyone tell me how much that costs for a single or period return? I've tried searching but I couldn't find any information on it. :o I'll keep searching though. Thanks for reading. :)

Comments

• jrrowleyws
    Options
    The M4 is a road.... You need a taxed and insured vehicle to use it as your not allowed to walk or cycle on a motorway. Costs vary depending on car/van/lorry/motorbike etc... Plus fuel.

If you want to take a train www.nationalrail.co.uk will sort you out

Just looked on google maps to find out where biggleswade is and its nowhere near the M4, neither is bedford!

lol... Just thought it might be a bus.... And it appears to be stagecoach run, who never seem to give prices online!

Call them?
    Telephone:

01604 676060 (8am - 5.30pm Mon-Fri) outside these times call Traveline on 0871 2002233*
  • Auree
    Options
    Hi,

It is a bus. :) Sorry should have been more specific.

I have called travel line before but they said they don't give out fare information. I know the times and when it gets to Bedford but I need to know the fares as well. I'm asking on behalf of someone who needs it for tomorrow. I should have checked earlier but things have been really hectic.

Thanks for trying though. :)
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The only way to find out is to phone the bus company - who are probably closed for the night now.

It is very rare for bus fares to be published online.

So unless there's someone here who knows or uses that service, you are not going to be able to find out.

I'd guess less than a fiver each way.
  • Auree
    Options
    I know but they asked me tonight and the company is closed now. I can't call tomorrow as I'll be out before 8 all day. I just wanted to try and help them prepare. That's why I sent this message in the hopes someone from that area might know - it's worth a shot. I have been able to get fares for stagecoach but it's on more popular journeys. It's worth asking questions even if I do look stupid, you never know. :p
  • Green.Lander
    Options
    i live in sandy and can tell you its very expensive
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i live in sandy and can tell you its very expensive

Well what's it from Sandy to Bedford then? Biggleswade will only be marginally more.

OP the maximum it will cost (for a day return) is £9.50 using a dayrider gold ticket. The driver sells them
  • Green.Lander
    Options
    I think that you can get cheaper if you buy a monthly - ask
  • Green.Lander
    Options
    just remembered just the M3 route
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Green.Lander, do you know the fare from Biggleswade (or Sandy) to Bedford or not?

Your idea of 'expensive' may be different to other peoples'. It would be good to have figures.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure