Are ikea built in ovens any good?

Options
Hello,

I am going to buy a kitchen from Ikea and was wondering if anyone had any feedback good or bad about Ikea built in ovens?

Cheers

Salbot

Comments

• 121legend
    121legend Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Hi i went to ikea yesterday and obviously bought loads of stuff!!!! when are you buying this kitchen.....if you sign up online to their "ike family" card which is a points card and in no way a credit card etc you get points on all that you buy instore or online (i think you get them onlin).....they will then send you money off vouchers to use in store depending on how much you spend so if youre buying a kitchen you should get quite a few vouchers back to spend on other stuff....you can geta card instore on the day and get swipping it for points but the vouchers take a couple of weeks to come thorugh i guess....my friend gave me a £10 of voucher to use at the till and it worked fine......im waiting to see if i get any vouchers before ordering my next stuff online. Does that help a little?? ikea is pretty cheap anyhow!!!DOES ANYONE KNOW OF AN ONLINE DISCOUNT CODE FOR BUYING STUFF ON IKEAS WEBSITE!!????????
  • lawrie28
    lawrie28 Posts: 2,666 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I have been an Ikea Family member for a while, and in the last mailshot found a voucher on the back. Spend £1500 on a Kitchen (not appliances, fitting etc.) and get a £250 voucher towards applainces.

Just about to use it, so hope the appliances aren't bad....
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Think the good thing with their appliances is the 5 year warranty & they're also Whirlpool & branded Ikea/Whirlpool.

The not so good thing, is the range & price - but the voucher will help!!

We sourced all our electrical, except the xtractor, from other places, despite being IKE kitchen fan!

VB
  • salbot
    salbot Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks all,

I didn't realise the appliances were a lot more expensive from Ikea than other places, I may look around for the appliances then. I suppose its just easier but lazy to order everything from Ikea.

I have an Ikea family card, haven't recieved any vouchers though!

Cheers
    Salbot
  • Gingernutmeg
    Gingernutmeg Posts: 3,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My parents have an IKEA kitchen and the appliances aren't bad - the oven and hob are Whirlpool so that's a fairly reliable make anyway. Their kitchen has been in for about three years now and they've had no problems at all with any of the appliances. The only problem that they have had is trying to get replacement bits and pieces (not needed because of quality issues lol, only because dad dropped a tile on the hob and cracked it ...), that can be a fairly slow process.
  • PBA
    PBA Posts: 1,521 Forumite
    Options
    We've got Ikea appliances in our kitchen. As other posters have noted, they're made by Whirlpool, so it's not some tat make you've never heard of. The only slight issue is that the oven seems to have various settings that I can't work out what they are, but that's more down to the previous owners losing the manual than any fault with the oven!
  • AndrewRH
    AndrewRH Posts: 50 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2009 at 2:14PM
    Options
    Ikea installed our new kitchen last year. We had issues with the solid wood countertop (several times the wrong size was delivered, or not delivered...). Eventually that all go sorted out - and Ikea gave us some compensation for the hassle. :T

Just recently though, the Ikea Whirlpool built-in oven's outer door shattered spontaneously. :mad:

(Whirlpool model 85791601551 “Mumsig”. Ikea article no. 80094778)

Luckily, our two young children weren't nearby. Whirlpool says there is only a 1 year guarantee; but to Ikea's credit they made arrangements for a new oven to be sent out to us and installed - at their expense. This is planned for early April.:T

More details on my blog entry about it...
    http://www.reeves-hall.net/2008/03/10/ikea-whirlpool-oven-door-shatters/

~Andrew~
  • Confused_landord
    Options
    the ikea family card can be seen around the store for you to fill in..i did it yesterday and popped it in the post boxes they have in store..i t entitles you to money off stuff vouchers ,,oh and free brews whenever
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure