Mis-sold Premium Economy flight

Options
2»

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    seriously...am i the only one her who thinks this is a bit low.......
    The op booked what she thought was a premium ticket, it should have been honoured...she paid 150 more in the first instance and it should at least reflect that, and then i would be wanting an upgrade free next time too, if i thought id booked premimum and got to the airport and then didnt get it id be very cross...whatever the reason!!

The OP may have thought they had a PE ticket but in reality they hadnt and had not paid the going rate for a PE ticket, a mistake was made yes but not to warrant what you are asking
  • Mr_Wang
    Mr_Wang Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    The OP may have thought they had a PE ticket but in reality they hadnt and had not paid the going rate for a PE ticket, a mistake was made yes but not to warrant what you are asking

A few years back we bought some Upper Class return tickets to somewhere in the US (LA I think) we paid a mysteriously low price and to be honest knew full well there must have been a mistake.

In any case, about a week later I got a call from VS saying that the price was wrong and we could either pay the correct price or get a full refund.
    It turns out we'd paid more than Economy but not as much as Premium Economy. Nothing was offered in it's place just a simple take it or leave it.
    Needless to say we cancelled and then rebooked at a saving.

Point being the fact the OP has been offered anything is better than what other airlines and indeed Virgin themselves did for us or would do in this instance.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 June 2012 at 10:53PM
    Options
    Lets cut to the quick. You know you only paid for an economy ticket. When you saw the obvious mistake on the paperwork you decided to play dumb and see if you could blag an upgrade at the airport. (why else would you not contact the agent and mention the mistake) When this didn't work you went the other route of complaining to the agent.
    You are not going to get a free upgrade from VS, it ain't gonna happen.
    I think the agent is being quite fair, they coud have said sorry for the mistake and left you to go through the countless emails with their CS department to see if you would give up, but straight away (it seems) they offered you £100 credit on a future flight. It's up to you to decide if hand on heart you really thought you were going to get a PE seat when they are hundreds more than an economy seat, and I mean as an example a Y seat could be £600 and a PE £1,500.
    Me, I would accept that I had tried it on and it didn't work.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • Indout96
    Indout96 Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Back in March I had to go on a work trip to the states

As it was a "work" trip I assume you didn't pay for it ? so accept the £100 credit and use it on a personal holiday flight and you are quids in.
    Totally Debt Free & Mortgage Free Semi retired and happy
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    Ive seen BA PE seats for only £40 more than economy LHR to BOM
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive seen BA PE seats for only £40 more than economy LHR to BOM
    And your point is?
    And please don't say it is relevant
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure