Removing scratches on ceramic hob???

Options
Hi there

I very stupidly scraped a cooking pot across the black ceramic hob on our brand new Hotpoint Electric Cooker!! Not a happy bunny!:(

I know its probably not likely, but is there anything I could use to make it look a little bit better. It would take some sort of miracle to get those scratch marks off, but are there any products that would help a little?

Thanks!

Comments

• sillywilly
    sillywilly Posts: 701 Forumite
    Options
    Had the same problem, used Stardrops hob shine from the pound shop - worked a treat. HTH
  • livalicious
    livalicious Posts: 349 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh thats good! Never heard of stardrops before. Is it any better than Astonish and Hob-brite, which Ive heard are good for ceramic hobs? Also, do you use a conditioner, like Toprens to keep it in good condition too. I need to buy some of these, but dont know which is best.
  • totalsolutions
    totalsolutions Posts: 3,110 Forumite
    Options
    I would check the the bottom of the cooking pot now.
  • livalicious
    livalicious Posts: 349 Forumite
    Options
    Got home lastnight, and the hob was good as new! The other half got some Hob-brite, and with a bit of elbow grease, managed to get the scraping all off. I was convinced it was scratched permanently. Turns out it was just the residue from the bottom of the pot!!! Sooo relieved! Thanks for the advice! The pot is fine too, no damage at the bottom.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Make sure you keep the bottoms of your pans clean as any burnt on food will heat up and mark the hob, that was my mistake. (not very moneysaving but I bought new pans and binned the old ones, I did get a good deal on the new pans though) :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure