0113 225 7041 - Does anybody know what this number is?

Options
Hi,

Wonder if anybody can help me, this number 0113 225 7041 keeps continuing to phone me day and night, either when I'm at work or in bed, up to 20 times a day, when Ive tried calling it back it is unobtainable, managed to answer it once and no-body was on the other end. Ive blocked number withheld and anomymos caller rejection but as this has a numBer displayed I can't block it, any help whatseoevr would be greatly appreciated as its driving me MAD!!!!

Comments

• Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can register the number as a nuisance call at Ofcom - http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/privacy/
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • kizkiz
    kizkiz Posts: 1,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    It's a small firm and that number's their fax machine too - I wonder whether it's been incorrectly programmed with the OP's number for group dialling or whatever?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • templar29
    Options
    I just had somebody call me from 01132 257041 (again). Having missed one and got a 'dead line' when returning the call.

It was guy trying to sell me mortgage services! I am guessing this could be a company that offers telemarketing services to different companies.

Does anyone know how they manage to set this up so that you can't call back; and what the point of that is. I mean, who in their right mind would deal with a company you can't even contact on the number they called from?

His opening gambit was that 'he could see I was paying over the odds for my mortgage' - which I am not. Would that personal information be covered by the Data Protection Act?
  • neff
    neff Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I got the same thing you've recently had your mortgage taken over your being ripped off and got really agressive basically told him that if I needed financial advice I wouldnt be getting it from some random on the end of a phone. I'd speak to my own independent financial advisor to which he started trying to argue with me and I said his selling technique could use some refining and he hung up! Ha ha!:rotfl:
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I recently had a phone call (number withheld) from one of these "mortgage" advisers who started the conversation with "I can see that you are paying over the odds..." - I replied "very interesting - THE MORTGAGE WAS PAID OFF 7 YEARS AGO!!!"
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    Duff crystall ball at his end then.... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure