IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ncp Car Parking Fine Problem

Options
Hi guys

i really need your help! i recently recieved a fine from NCP car parks, the fine was for raising the barrier in the car park. In my defense i stated that the machine buzzer wasnt working and no attendants were available in the hut and nobody turned up over and hour....below ive posted a copy of the letter i sent to NCP and a reponse from NCP - can you tell me what the next stage is? and what i can do? on the records they cant see at any time the buzzer being pressed but i have informed them that the buzzer wasnt even working and i did look around in there hut for an attendant!....please i really need your help as the fine is £200!!!!

letter to NCP:

i recently recieved a letter about being fined for raising a car park
barrier. I accept that the post in the car park was raised but the
reason this was raised as we tried contacting your ncp as we had a
problem with our ticket not working in your machines (the payment wasnt
being accepted). We heard no replys and there was no staff or security
at the site to help! we even asked local people if they know how to
contact ncp but they couldnt help...we understand it may have been late
but due to circumstances we had no choise! It was early in the morning
and we needed to leave so we could head back to walsall and waiting
around was difficult as the response was poor and no staff to help - i
am sorry about what has happened but as i was put in a circumstance
where there was no help and was waiting for over 60 mins in the car park
and still no reply..i was unable to do anything...i hope out of good
will we could look past this and i understand that these problems do
happen. This has never happened to me before and i have never been in
trouble with NCP EVER! i hope you understand that the problem would never have occurred if there were staff available and machines at the site working correctly...i hope to hear from you soon.

Response from NCP:

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the above notice numebr.

while i appreciate the circumstances that you have outlined, it does not preclude you from complying with the parking regulations.

In light of this i see no grounds for the cancellation of this notice. I request that you make payment of £200 within 28 days from the date of this letter in order to conclude this matter.

Comments

• dragonstyle
    Options
    Response from NCP

Response from NCP:

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the above notice numebr.

while i appreciate the circumstances that you have outlined, it does not preclude you from complying with the parking regulations.

In light of this i see no grounds for the cancellation of this notice. I request that you make payment of £200 within 28 days from the date of this letter in order to conclude this matter.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ....please i really need your help as the fine is £200!!!!
    There is no fine - it's just an invoice. NCP have no more authority to "fine" you than your plumber does.

As you have found out, writing to these people is a complete waste of time, all they are interested in is scamming you out of your money.

Don't contact them again, ignore the ridiculous threatening letters they send, and above all, don't pay them. The chances of them taking you to court are tiny, and the chances of them winning even tinier.

And BTW, in future please start your own separate thread for a new case.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure