PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

washing up bottle holes getting bigger

Options
2»

Comments

• black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    To make loo roll insides hygienic for kids to play with put them in the microwave for a minute.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Back to washing liquid (but for clothes not plates) I bought my first big huge bottle of Ecover biological washing liquid (5 litre) ready to decant into a smaller bottle from a local healthfood shop and for some reason I thought it said £7.99 but when I checked my receipt it said £13.99 - is this expensive does anyone know? I just wanted to do a little price comparison.
    I have to say it was pretty heavy so had to take it straight back to the car before carrying on shopping as I couldn't carry everything! lol But I feel better for having less impact on the environment (i think?)
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
  • Jo13_2
    Jo13_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I wasn't enquiring what to do WITH loo roll innards - I was trying to say that they've become LARGER, i.e. the roll looks bigger in the packet, but I guess they now have less sheets per roll. Even ONE sheet less would save the manufacturers a small fortune.

I use the cardboard for all sorts of things, e.g. cat toys, winding oddments of yarn around when I'm ripping old jumpers apart for re-use, similarly elastic from ex-clothing etc. - eventually when I've run out of ideas they go on the compost bin, or get shredded as fire lighters.

I am very very frugal, but hubby does have a tendency to squirt 4 or 5 times for one handwash (hence decanting into pump bottles that I've saved with SMALL pipes).
  • cath-w
    cath-w Posts: 132 Forumite
    Options
    Liney wrote:
    Back to washing liquid (but for clothes not plates) I bought my first big huge bottle of Ecover biological washing liquid (5 litre) ready to decant into a smaller bottle from a local healthfood shop and for some reason I thought it said £7.99 but when I checked my receipt it said £13.99 - is this expensive does anyone know? I just wanted to do a little price comparison.
    I have to say it was pretty heavy so had to take it straight back to the car before carrying on shopping as I couldn't carry everything! lol But I feel better for having less impact on the environment (i think?)

It is about the correct price. Similar to what I pay. However, I use so little it last a long time.

C.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    loo roll inards are ace for hiding bits and peices and wrapping like crackers for xmas pressies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure