Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• squibbs25
    Thanks for all your responses.

I am really concerned that the school expect the children to take this exam early.
    Ds is thinking I'd a career in haematology and I believe that he should be taught the curriculum fully before any exams take place.
    The school has been a farce from day one. They push the kids through, he took Spanish gcse at the end of yr 9 got a D, apparently was a few marks away from a C, the teacher talked him into re doing it the following year although he wasn't have Spanish lessons but the teacher did offer an after school club after school on a Monday.
    History was taken in June (yr 10) along with the Spansish, English lit (that no one knew was being taken til the exam list came through!) science foundation level.
    The history grade was a D again a few points away from the C, the teacher wanted ds to retake but we said no, teacher was not happy at all. I said tough! If he wants to do haematology then he needs to concentrate on his sciences, English and maths, without the pressure of another exam.
    The Spansih he did was a 2 year course that was condensed into 1 year which actually turned into 9 months as the exam was early may!

My husband and I have been talking and I am going to speak to the head teacher tomorrow about ds not taking the exam early as like the general opinion we believe it's more damaging than helpful.

Again thank you for taking the time to respond x
    My beloved dog Molly
    RIP my wonderful stepdad - miss you loads
    our new editions
    Senna and Dali both JRT
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,303Posts Today

6,769Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • John Lewis website is down - its price matching black friday deals. Maybe its a good day to buy cheap extra servers?

• RT @WindyWordy: @_KCHome @MartinSLewis @Ofcom Superfast broadband installed today. £50 installation fee. Acceptable way to leave it? https:?

• I'm in London's Oxford street, it's rammed with Black Friday shoppers. Where do they come from? Are people taking a day off work for it?

• Follow Martin