Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • SnowMan
    Hargreaves Lansdown are going to be look even more expensive for trackers, especially the HSBC ones, when the lower charging 'clean' class of HSBC trackers becomes available elsewhere see here for the new charges on the clean HSBC trackers.

Unofficially it looks like the 'clean' HSBC trackers (the TER is 0.1% lower than the existing class) will be available around mid-November direct from HSBC and without any additional platform fee (I say direct, it would be more accurate to say via the HSBC Global Investment Centre).

So not only will HL be charging 24pa per HSBC tracker fund (so 96pa if you hold 2 funds both with and without an ISA wrapper for example) but they will charging an extra 0.1% annual charge as well.

It is worth remembering that in a news article a while back a HSBC spokesperson said they were paying commission to HL on the HSBC trackers possibly 0.125% per annum (HL won't tell us what commission they receive because they don't seem to want to be open with their clients unlike some other platforms).

So HL won't want to offer the clean classes of HSBC trackers through their platform (without imposing further holding fees) because they will lose their secret commission and we know how greedy they are.
    I came, I saw, I melted
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

521Posts Today

5,120Users online

Martin's Twitter