We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Spill the beans... on what makes you as a mum feel special

Options

Comments

• spicyprawn
    spicyprawn Posts: 330 Forumite
    Options
    pixo wrote: »
    My mum always told us kids the only thing she wanted for mothers day was for us to behave!

That would be great, just one day where they aren't at each others throats :D
  • xfeex_2
    Options
    My 14 month old daughter made me a card at nursery and I was nearly in tears as it was such a work of art...!
  • poor_country_girl
    Options
    My daughter is now 20 years old. Every year I ask for the same FREE gift, and it is just too much like hard work, so she borrows money off her grandad and gets me a gift instead.

All I want is to come down stairs on Mothers day to find the washing up and the vacuuming / tidying up done for me. That would be the PERFECT gift. I also ask for this for my birthday and Christmas, she and my husband both seam to think I am joking - but if either of you read this NO I'M NOT! :(
  • pippinpuss
    Options
    I'd just like them to make me Sunday lunch for a change.

It was nice when they made cards
  • pinkystan
    pinkystan Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    This year I'm driving home to surprise my mum and making her a roast dinner with an eve's pudding for afters - all stuff I'd be having at home, nice and cheap, just petrol to pay for, and my mum will be super happy : )
  • I agree with Fossie-Splodge Time is the greatest gift. My kids have all grown up now and left home but I would love them to just spend some time with me without it being 'I was in the area on a delivery' or I thought I would call on my way to..'
    I have one who drops in all the time but the other girl is hopeless and the 2 boys well ... enough said.;)
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    The new rule in our house is that for Mother's Day and birthday (for me) I would like an experience or something that has been made by them.

So a walk together, watching a movie together, one or both of them cooking a meal, nothing fancy...just making memories.
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • Debbie_S_R
    Options
    Easy, it's been said by so many Mums on here :
    the chores being done without having to ask and make me a brew please! "simples" ;-)
  • yummum24
    yummum24 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with all the above! But I also like to make my own, IOU gift books, ie, IOU one load of washing ironed for you, one Sunday luch at ours, one lift etc, etc. This can be adapted to suit your Mum, your age and their interests and can be redeemed at any time, I usually put a BB date, usually a year so I can do a new one for next year! As my Mum says, it's the thought that counts, and knowing that someone has thought of you is important!!
    :beer: Live well laugh often, love much.

1 overdraft with Santander paid off, credit card almost gone, 1 overdraft that has been halved!! V chuffed with myself!!! :T
  • GILL635
    GILL635 Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm gutted my Mum's away for Mothers Day this year! I may be 31, but I love to spend the day with her and spoil her on Mothers Day.

Have to say though, this isn't the only day of the year I try to do this. My parents have helped me out A LOT over the years (and I do with them when needed), so I like to show them both I appreciate it all

xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family