Can't log into Cahoot

Options
Have any other Cahoot customers had problems logging into their online accounts over the past few days? I keep getting an error message. :mad:

Comments

• PhoenixDF
    PhoenixDF Posts: 113 Forumite
    edited 2 February 2012 at 5:01AM
    Options
    Have you tried calling their customer services team? The number is 0844 9000 900 (might be worth looking via saynoto0870 website for a geographical number)

I don't get any problems myself, but it could be a number of reasons - last time I spoke to their CS team the stated that only firefox and Internet Explorer are officially supported.
    Current Debt
    Barclays Student Overdraft £3,000 [£3,000 limit - £7 monthly fee, 0% interest]
    Nationwide Overdraft £145 [£150 limit 19.9% interest]
    Barclaycard £2,990 [£4,000 limit - 0% interest until April 14]
    Vanquis £1,331.96 [£3,000 limit - 39.9%APR)
    Capital One £50 [STRIKE]£81.54 [/STRIKE][£200 limit - 27.9%APR)
  • elm
    elm Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    PhoenixDF wrote: »
    Have you tried calling their customer services team? The number is 0844 9000 900 (might be worth looking via saynoto0870 website for a geographical number)

I don't get any problems myself, but it could be a number of reasons - last time I spoke to their CS team the stated that only firefox and Internet Explorer are officially supported.

Thanks. I haven't called them yet, but I will do later, as the problem hasn't been resolved yet. I'm using Internet Explorer at the moment, but usually use Safari with no issues...
  • samwsmith1
    Options

Geographical number: 01908 937222 :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just make sure you're not trying to access the cahoot login page from a favourite. I had this problem for a while, but when I entered https://www.cahoot.com manually in the address bar it logged in fine. Cahoot seems to occasionally change the login url but https://www.cahoot.com always works.
  • PhoenixDF
    Options
    samwsmith1 wrote: »
    Geographical number: 01908 937222 :)

I called that number today and was told that's the number for staff to call when their ill (cahoot sickline).

They transferred me into the normal queue but I think its a bit rude if i keep calling that number as they weren't too happy with me calling that number.
    Current Debt
  • samwsmith1
    Options
    I called that number today and was told that's the number for staff to call when their ill (cahoot sickline).

They transferred me into the normal queue but I think its a bit rude if i keep calling that number as they weren't too happy with me calling that number.
    Ok, I just got it from Say No To 0870, will go and report to their forum now that it's no longer in use.
  • DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Options

I have just tried this number and it is answered in exactly the same way as the 0844 900 0900 number.

It asks for a customer number or 16 digit card number. For password problem or if you don't know your number, press 0.

It is given as the "overseas" number in the Cahoot Terms and Conditions.
  • elm
    Options
    DonnyDave wrote: »
    I have just tried this number and it is answered in exactly the same way as the 0844 900 0900 number.

It asks for a customer number or 16 digit card number. For password problem or if you don't know your number, press 0.

It is given as the "overseas" number in the Cahoot Terms and Conditions.

Same here! I've used that number a lot recently due to other problems (:mad:) and have never been told that it's a staff sickness number!

Anyway, it transpired that Cahoot blocked access to my online account due to a login from a suspicious IP address. I've got to wait for a letter from them so I can change my details. Only a couple of weeks ago I called them after having several transactions blocked (annoyingly a regular occurrence...) and discovered that 6 months ago somebody logged in and changed the contact details on my account. I only found this out as I asked them a question about the address they had on their records! This is concerning, as the letter that I am due to receive, would have gone to the incorrect address and God knows what could have happened.
  • PhoenixDF
    Options
    Strange, I tried the number again tonight and it went through like a normal call........maybe their staff sickline is a very similar number?
    Current Debt
  • elm
    Options
    elm wrote: »
    Same here! I've used that number a lot recently due to other problems (:mad:) and have never been told that it's a staff sickness number!

Anyway, it transpired that Cahoot blocked access to my online account due to a login from a suspicious IP address. I've got to wait for a letter from them so I can change my details. Only a couple of weeks ago I called them after having several transactions blocked (annoyingly a regular occurrence...) and discovered that 6 months ago somebody logged in and changed the contact details on my account. I only found this out as I asked them a question about the address they had on their records! This is concerning, as the letter that I am due to receive, would have gone to the incorrect address and God knows what could have happened.

Hurrah, I'm allowed back in my own account again, although I didn't get there without further problems... Also, when I logged in, there was a message informing me of a charge on my account - 3 pence as I apparently went over my overdraft limit! :mad: I know it's only 3p, but this is another problem to add to the ever growing list of issues with cahoot. I wasn't anywhere near to being overdrawn!. I've sent two complaint letters off in 2 days. Grrrrr.

I wish I earned enough to open the First Direct account Martin recommended on today's email. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure