IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

No return?

Options

Afternoon gang,
would I be correct to say that as the signage doesn’t mention anything about a no return condition that there is nothing to stop someone from parking for 3 hours, driving around the block and parking again? 

Comments

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Indeed.  In any case, no return clauses are a nonsense.  No judge in the land is likely to side with the PPCif the scammer were daft enougn to tke this to court.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Faye449
    Faye449 Posts: 173 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    D_P_Dance said:
    Indeed.  In any case, no return clauses are a nonsense.  No judge in the land is likely to side with the PPCif the scammer were daft enougn to tke this to court.
    Thank you. I haven’t done it yet but I need to next week. Let’s see if they try and send me fine for it. 
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Faye449 said:
    D_P_Dance said:
    Thank you. I haven’t done it yet but I need to next week. Let’s see if they try and send me fine for it. 
    You're a prime double-dip candidate with this plan.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They can't send you a "fine" because they are not an "authority" that has those kind of powers. Remember that they are an unregulated private parking company that can only send you, the keeper, a speculative invoice for an alleged breach of the terms on their signs.
  • Whatever2023
    Whatever2023 Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    D_P_Dance said:
    No Return policies are put in place to deter people from doing what the OP suggests; therefore, by no means ‘a nonsense’.
  • nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 582 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    D_P_Dance said:
    No Return policies are put in place to deter people from doing what the OP suggests; therefore, by no means ‘a nonsense’.
    Says the unregulated ex-clampers, private parking companies apologist. You could tell the intellectually malnourished PPC to try and issue a court claim for the alleged contravention (not even applicable in this case as per the sign) for the vehicle returning to the location in less than the alleged x hours. Is it the vehicle, the keeper or the driver that has allegedly breached any such term?

What if the vehicle has more than one driver? Even attempting to hold the keeper liable under PoFA would fail as the second driver may have no idea that the other driver had already parked at the location.

Just more evidence of the greed of the unregulated ex-clampers in trying to extort money from motorists and being excused by one of the few propagandists for them.
  • steviebuk
    steviebuk Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They are also breaching GDPR regarding CCTV as ANPR cameras are NOT to be used for the prevention of crime. Had an argument, via email, with the local Waitrose car park company. I did a right to be forgotten regarding my numberplate for no other reason but to be annoying. They argued they keep them on record for prevention of crime blah blah. But I pointed out the above and they sent "evidence" they'd deleted the plate. It was poor evidence and I asked for it to be removed from the backups. They stopped replying after that.

I looked it up before I sent my right to be forgotten. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback