Roofline installation recomendations?

Options
gk172
gk172 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Hopefully this is the right place to start, we are looking to replace the roofline/gutters etc and are based in east kilbride just outside glasgow and i was wondering if anyone could recomend anyone from personal experience who covers this area, we have had a few big companies out to quote and also some of the smaller companies but there is some slagging off and we just dont know who to trust.

So im asking please is there any recomendations i could look into and a guideline price wise for a 4 bed end terrace as prices have went from 1700 - 2900. All feedback most welcome.
The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Comments

• amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Options
    We are also ek, got a quote at the beginning of the year for a 4 bed end terrace also, for gutters soffits and downpipe - also we have quite a large porch (16ft wide)with gutters downpipes etc it was just over the 1000, was a company from Blantyre I think - got the number from the ek news. I have a card about some where - will have a hunt about.
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • gk172
    Options
    Thanks, did you go with them? or know someone who had had work done?
  • amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry no we didn't get it done - the windows needed replacing first so just had that done - got grant from SLC which was great. The guy seemed fine and I have seen their van abot a lot. A few of my neighbour all got done last summer - someone was round chapping the doors - did'nt want to take the chance with them but they were all happy with the work done. We will need to look at it maybe next year.
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • foxyuk
    foxyuk Posts: 966 Forumite
    Options
    go to trade frames direct in east kilbride there in nerston and have a showroom/factory there ... excellent company/price and service
  • gk172
    Options
    Cheers for that, we asked around and scotia and roofline scotland both came up as recomended so arranged for them to come out today and tomorrow so will see these quotes go.
  • superfly_2
    Options
    I have been dealing in this type of work for the past couple of years, I run a small company called Fasciafresh. We are based in Coatbridge but cover the whole central belt and would be happy to give you a free (MSE style) quote. If you are still looking to have the work carried out PM me.
    Don't ask me, Im SKINT
  • seank_2
    Options
    Hi guys

Came across this thread in a search. I am looking at roofline and was thinking about a company called QFI Roofline based in Dunfermline. They come highly recommended and their website looks impressive. Has anyone used them
  • craigkatrina
    Options
    hello, qfi are a pretty good company who do a good job on the whole but for comparison purposes contact Rooflinescotland ltd and ask for the east coast rep! i will come to see you personally and feel sure you will be impressed.(mention to the office staff how you heard of us)

cheers

cgf
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family