I wanna astro turf my garden!

Options
Hi ya

Just wondered if anyone has done this and what their thoughts are about it, is it any good, how long you had it, is it hard wearing, how much did you pay for it?

Am really in interested in getting a company in to do this as im sick and tired of having a muddy garden all the time and a crap lawn. Had the patio laid last summer which looks lovely but the lawn really ruins it, so thinking astro turf would be a great idea!

Thanks
Sammie :D

Comments

• merlinormartin
    Options
    I seen a house a few months back with a "astro turfed front garden" it looked amazing! ... they had a turfed area in the centre and real plants/shurbs/flowers around the boarder. I will be interested to see if anyone has anymore information on this.
    "Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone, and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering"
  • consultant31
    consultant31 Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's a company called As Good as Grass who, I believe also sell on eBay. Worth having a look perhaps!
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • saintscouple
    Options
    There's a company called As Good as Grass who, I believe also sell on eBay. Worth having a look perhaps!

Thanks, got us looking in to it now.
    http://www.asgoodasgrass.co.uk/gallery.php

How much does the astro turf cost?

"Our standard artificial grass product range costs between £15 - £25 a sq metre. We also sell off cuts on ebay for £10 a sq metre. Please note that we do not supply AstroTurf™ registered products (astro turf) and we are not associated in any way with the brand."

What is the ball park cost to buy an average grass and have it fitted?

"We suggest you work on £45 a sq metre."

.......lol we've stopped looking now.
  • consultant31
    Options

What is the ball park cost to buy an average grass and have it fitted?

"We suggest you work on £45 a sq metre."

.......lol we've stopped looking now.

I think it's fairly easy to lay it yourself, especially if your lawn is flat .
    They provide instructions too. I found this on eBay, loads cheaper than £45 square metre.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JANUARY-SALE-Artificial-Grass-size-4m-x-1m_W0QQitemZ260205461201QQihZ016QQcategoryZ122908QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure