MSE Poll: How much data do you use on your mobile?

Poll started 14 January 2020
With the growing use of social networks, streaming services, gaming and more all done on mobiles, we wanted to see how much data you crunch in a month.

How much data (via a 3G, 4G or 5G signal, not Wi-Fi) do you USE in a typical month? If unsure, check your data usage settings or your mobile bill.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• I don't have a smart phone and do not see the need to spend £200.00 for one just to get FREE? apps.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I don't have a smart phone and do not see the need to spend £200.00 for one just to get FREE? apps.

Yes, you told us that back in 2013 :)

What is your point?

Apps are just programmes. Wee icons on the phone that take you direct to the programme. You know like on your Windows PC, you click on the word icon and word opens? Its just the same.

Smartphones are just hand held computers that also allow you to make phone calls. You decide what apps you want on it to make it function the way you want
  • I keep mobile data turned off on my phone and only turn it on when I need it because there's no available wifi to piggy back on to. Never used more than 1Gb even with a month away in Europe last year.
    Also have a data measuring app to keep track of what I've used each month.
  • Mrs_Arcanum
    Mrs_Arcanum Posts: 23,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Use free WiFi where available, so no need for loads of data.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
    203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Watch out for the dinosaurs with no mobile data usage.
  • I am for 4 and use almost that
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,170 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Less than 2GB a month.
  • Not sure.  When I used to buy it by the GB, the phone would burn through it sometimes, presumably on updates or cloud storage.  Moved to unlimited data and no more stress.
  • Sapphire
    Sapphire Posts: 4,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Watch out for the dinosaurs with no mobile data usage.
    Or perhaps they are people who have better things to do with their time than to use their mobiles incessantly?
  • I only use maps really for navigation and send the odd email, about 1G a month but I'm one of those dinosaurs
    Nothing to see here, move along.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure