Sainsbury's to launch Nectar 'double-up' promo – here's what you need to know - MSE News story

If you've a stash of Nectar points, you may want to hold off spending them – as from tomorrow you can double your points, to then spend in store at Sainsbury's in a couple of weeks...
Read the full story:
'Sainsbury's to launch Nectar 'double-up' promo – here's what you need to know'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• snowgo
    snowgo Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Just gone to the nectar website, it says you can only order vouchers once. So seems like I will have to make two trips to Sainsburys - first to identify what they have in my local store that I want and can buy with vouchers, then return home, order vouchers, hope that Sainsburys don't sell out of the items I want whilst I'm waiting for vouchers, then another trip to spend the vouchers. So complicated and unnecessary.
  • As you can only order vouchers once, I can't see how we can split our points into multiple vouchers. For example a £60 and £40 to spend at different times.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Another blinking app? Oh for pity's sake, Sainburys!

All far too hard on those with mobility issues, those who can't come & go easily to check what is & isn't included and those who are not fans of the pesky little handheld computer-ma-bobs...

Hullo Lidl & Aldi...
  • I have just ordered the maximum award of 10,000 points which should give me a £100 voucher. Yet this morning I had 24,175 points available now I only have 4,175 so where have the other 10.000 gone? I have emailed Nectar but would recommend you take before and after screenshots!
  • From past experience, do items in the various categories have special half price offers on them before and after the voucher validity period? That is, do prices effectively go up to compensate for the Nectar exchange rate improvement?
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,581 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have just ordered the maximum award of 10,000 points which should give me a £100 voucher. Yet this morning I had 24,175 points available now I only have 4,175 so where have the other 10.000 gone? I have emailed Nectar but would recommend you take before and after screenshots!

Thanks for the heads up.

I looked at the app today and it seems you can shop at other places than Sainsburys. One was my favourite Benefit beauty products and they're never half price so on the face of it, it seems good. But is it?

It seems unnecessarily convoluted to me. I'll ask for help /clarification when I'm next in store. What won't help is that the Customer Service has shrunk to a tiny desk. :(
  • JAG
    JAG Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I have just ordered the maximum award of 10,000 points which should give me a £100 voucher. Yet this morning I had 24,175 points available now I only have 4,175 so where have the other 10.000 gone? I have emailed Nectar but would recommend you take before and after screenshots!

If it works like previous years then they debit the full normal value of points 20,000 and then straight away recredit half the value 10,000 back to your account. But the credit may take a day to show in your balance when it is updated.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    snowgo wrote: »
    Just gone to the nectar website, it says you can only order vouchers once. So seems like I will have to make two trips to Sainsburys - first to identify what they have in my local store that I want and can buy with vouchers, then return home, order vouchers, hope that Sainsburys don't sell out of the items I want whilst I'm waiting for vouchers, then another trip to spend the vouchers. So complicated and unnecessary.

Exactly what I thought.

It is almost like they are making it as awkward as possible so why bother offering it at all.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 October 2019 at 4:26AM
    I've only read the instructions or terms about 5 or 6 times so far, on Nectar, Sainsburys, a couple of newspaper websites and MSE, so I haven't yet figured out whether a separate voucher is needed for each category, or one voucher can cover the lot.

Maybe it's so obvious to everyone except me and I'm just reading it badly, or maybe some reports haven't discovered this themselves and just glid over that part without specifying.

Has anyone here got it better than I have?
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    redux wrote: »
    I've only read the instructions or terms about 5 or 6 times so far, on Nectar, Sainsburys, a couple of newspaper websites and MSE, so I haven't yet figured out whether a separate voucher is needed for each category, or one voucher can cover the lot.

Maybe it's so obvious to everyone except me and I'm just reading it badly, or maybe some reports haven't discovered this themselves and just glid over that part without specifying.

Has anyone here got it better than I have?

I've ordered. You can only order one voucher and one time so it must cover all categories. I agree it isn't obvious at first.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure