Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 29th Oct 19, 1:59 PM
    • 14,289Posts
    • 43,968Thanks
    sarah1972
    Aldi wine advent calendar out this Sunday
    • 29th Oct 19, 1:59 PM
    Aldi wine advent calendar out this Sunday 29th Oct 19 at 1:59 PM
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/wine/a571659/aldi-wine-advent-calendar/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=socialflowFBGHUK&fbclid=IwAR3Y7 y4AiDpEPX1yZMRbmeyAvT85kTFLNn51Y9V1n2bJh1gEuBTHQXv IfpY

What's included in the Aldi Wine Advent Calendar 2019?

Red
    Calvet Reserve Merlot x 2
    Calvet Limited Release Merlot x 2
    JP Chenet Original Cabernet Syrah x 2

Sparkling
    Brut d’Argent Pinot Noir x 2
    Brut d’Argent Chardonnay x 2
    JP Chenet Ice Edition Rose x2
    JP Chenet Ice Edition Blanc x 2

White
    JP Chenet Original Columbard Sauvignon x 2
    Calvet Limited Release Sauvignon x 2
    Exquisite Collection Macon Villages Chardonnay x 2
    JP Chenet Original Colombard Chardonnay x 2

Rose
    Calvet Rose Cap d’Agde x 2

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 29 Oct:

We've just had it confirmed officially by Aldi, these 50 calendars will hit Aldi shelves this Sunday - so look out for them if you'll be shopping in store. They'll also be online, but will likely sell out fast.

Last year's wine calendar was extremely popular and sold out within a day, so you may need to go quick.

Big thanks to sarah1972 for the spot!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Anthony; 29-10-2019 at 4:31 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 1
    • Keen Green
    • By Keen Green 29th Oct 19, 2:04 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Keen Green
    • 29th Oct 19, 2:04 PM
    • 29th Oct 19, 2:04 PM
    Think I'll have to buy myself an early Christmas pressie, hope it lasts longer than the Boots advent calendar.
    Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 29th Oct 19, 4:28 PM
    • 32,466 Posts
    • 67,496 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 29th Oct 19, 4:28 PM
    • 29th Oct 19, 4:28 PM
    Disappointed punters can always go with the 12 gins of Christmas at B&M. I spotted it the other day (35 IIRC?).

Eta: I've just checked out the link. The contents are mini-bottles that usually retail at around 2.99, and can often be found 3 for 2. I make that a total retail price of 47.84 (head multiplication) - plus you get to select the cheapo plonk that you really want to drink - compared with the 49.99 for this deal.
    Last edited by VfM4meplse; 29-10-2019 at 4:33 PM.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 30th Oct 19, 5:37 AM
    • 14,289 Posts
    • 43,968 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 30th Oct 19, 5:37 AM
    • 30th Oct 19, 5:37 AM
    Disappointed punters can always go with the 12 gins of Christmas at B&M. I spotted it the other day (35 IIRC?).

Eta: I've just checked out the link. The contents are mini-bottles that usually retail at around 2.99, and can often be found 3 for 2. I make that a total retail price of 47.84 (head multiplication) - plus you get to select the cheapo plonk that you really want to drink - compared with the 49.99 for this deal.
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Advent calendars and not always a deal, some like the idea of an advent calendar and know that they are paying for packaging etc.

Its an Advent calendar that sold out very fast last year so just a heads up for anyone wanting one this year.

I had one last year and I loved it and was happy to pay slightly over the odds for the packaging and novelty of it and all the wines were lovely and definitely not cheap plonk.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • wiseonesomeofthetime
    • By wiseonesomeofthetime 30th Oct 19, 8:22 AM
    • 208 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    wiseonesomeofthetime
    • 30th Oct 19, 8:22 AM
    • 30th Oct 19, 8:22 AM
    Only drink red .
    • Sea Shell
    • By Sea Shell 30th Oct 19, 8:33 AM
    • 3,194 Posts
    • 6,416 Thanks
    Sea Shell
    • 30th Oct 19, 8:33 AM
    • 30th Oct 19, 8:33 AM
    I've always wondered about these "gift advent" things. They are no good as an actual Christmas gift, as you'd need to give it to them before the start of December...so they are really only good as a gift to yourself!!

Who actually drinks each bottle on the designated day? What if you don't like all of them?

Oh, but it's Christmas so everyone trying to sell something has to have a gimmick - even Aldi!!
    " That pound I saved yesterday, is a pound I don't have to earn tomorrow " JOB DONE!!
    This should now read "It's time to start digging up those Squirrelled Nuts"!!!
    • Christine Bacon
    • By Christine Bacon 30th Oct 19, 11:45 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    Christine Bacon
    • 30th Oct 19, 11:45 AM
    • 30th Oct 19, 11:45 AM
    I only drink white otherwise this would have been a definite for me !
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 30th Oct 19, 11:48 AM
    • 32,466 Posts
    • 67,496 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 30th Oct 19, 11:48 AM
    • 30th Oct 19, 11:48 AM
    I had one last year and I loved it and was happy to pay slightly over the odds for the packaging and novelty of it and all the wines were lovely and definitely not cheap plonk.
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    That's fair comment.

The yardstick I use is my weekly grocery shop - 50 is at least 3 weeks food for me!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • mj1
    • By mj1 3rd Nov 19, 11:18 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    mj1
    • 3rd Nov 19, 11:18 AM
    • 3rd Nov 19, 11:18 AM
    Thanks for the heads up on this special. Just got mine at Daventry, I had to ask member of staff as there were none out on shop floor.

Apparently only issued by asking and dispensed from staff room.

So if none are seen ask a staff member in case they are doing same as Daventry.

Normally I go into Aldi on Wednesday night so was not prepared for the Sunday numbers of people... Crazy compared to quite Wednesday nights...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

936Posts Today

7,678Users online

Martin's Twitter