Cheap MAC make up in T K Maxx

Options
Wizzbang
Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
edited 17 September 2019 at 4:56PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Can only find 2 items online, but lots more in my local store. Mostly £9.99 a piece.

MAC Fair Shiny Pretty Things Face Compact 14g £16.99
MAC Jeremy Scott Lo-Fi Eye Shadow Palette 14.5g £32

Aaliya Haughton Lipstick- very dark browny red, would probably suit darker skin tones.
Some other lipsticks in strange shades like blue bolt, and some other shade names I can't remember - inc a very dark brown. No shades that would have suited me, so I left them
Hi Sweetie! Lip Glass - purple pannacotta, strawberry torte and creamy peach pie. Still on sale at Harvey Nicholls and Look Fantastic for £15.50 each (the standard retail price). There were loads in my store, just be aware to look out for white and rainbow coloured packaging and no the usual black, I almost missed them.
Lip glass in Girl About Town
Also, some kind of multi-tasking product MAC Versicolour stain in a pale pink (£21 online and still available). I left it as it had definitely been opened as unfortunately MAC doesn't security seal their products which is lethal in T.K.Maxx. Shame, as it would have been a shade that suited me. However still available on their site and doesn't have the best reviews.

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 17 Sep:

If you're looking for discounted MAC products they're usually hard to come by, as only official sellers can stock MAC. However, it's likely the stock in TK Maxx is in limited edition or promotional packaging, which is why it's being sold at a discount.

When we checked online we found:
    £16.99 MAC Fair Shiny Pretty Things Face Compact 14g - Next cheapest we found, £29 at MAC.
      £12.99 MAC Slipper Orchid Matte Lip Colour 5ml - Next cheapest we found, £19 at MAC. Other colours/finishes available.
      If you're looking in stores, you might not find any MAC products, or that they've been opened and tampered with, so check before you buy and don't make a special trip.

Big thanks to Wizzbang for the spot! [purplesignup][/purplesignup]
      Minimalist
      Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

Comments

• VfM4meplse
        VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
        Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
        Options
        I am a fan of MAC Studio Fix powder because it does a fine job, but I am also the first to admit MAC's products are overpriced. There is no way I would buy their eye or lip make-up, because similar shades can always be found elsewhere and I don't think they MAC has the edge on quality when it comes to this make-up.

The complexion is a different matter: a 10 second swipe with the brush can be the difference between looking gaunt and radiant :)
        Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
      • Wizzbang
        Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
        First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
        Options
        VfM4meplse wrote: »
        I am a fan of MAC Studio Fix powder because it does a fine job, but I am also the first to admit MAC's products are overpriced. There is no way I would buy their eye or lip make-up, because similar shades can always be found elsewhere and I don't think they MAC has the edge on quality when it comes to this make-up.

The complexion is a different matter: a 10 second swipe with the brush can be the difference between looking gaunt and radiant :)

Everyone is different in their opinions and their skin type, how it reacts to make-up and so on. I used to be a make-up rep and hands down, MAC is the best quality. Up there with the likes of Estee Lauder. It's like everything - you get what you pay for. Some things it doesn't matter or a cheaper brand suits your skin type better.

Personally, I use a cheaper Avon foundation and powder, mostly because I'm allergic to MAC. I'll use the cheapest mascara I can buy - usually Poundland - because I rarely use it and it really doesn't matter to me. However there's a noticeable difference between Poundland type lip glosses and MAC or NARS, for example. However, I'll happily use Avon as their quality is very good. Poundland ones went off in the tube after about a month - yuck! Maybelline is another very good make and even better when you can find it in Poundland. I'll often buy a Rimmel or Boots lippie, but you can't beat MAC - especially not for lip liners. Poundland ones are useless. Eyeshadows are much of a muchness, but I do love some of the glittery ones that MAC does. Plus, their pigment pots go on for years- literally.

I spent out on buying a lot of MAC for my wedding makeup, instead of getting my make-up done professionally and it was great. Most of it is still going strong 8 years later! Yes, I know some people are funny about that kind of thing - but if you're using clean brushes in a powder pot or pan eyeshadow for example, it's not going off.
        Minimalist
        Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• deanos
        deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
        First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
        Options
        there is a MAC outlet at Springfields , Spalding , the other half gets her M·A·C Studio Fix Fluid stuff there for £16 instead of £27

https://springfieldsoutlet.co.uk/brand/?shop=The%20Cosmetics%20Company%20Store&index=70

not sure if they have other stores across the uk
      This discussion has been closed.
      Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
      • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
      • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
      • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
      • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
      • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
      • 173.1K Life & Family
      • 247.9K Travel & Transport