Looking for cheap photo prints A4 size please

Options
Hi all,
I want to print 80 photos, which have been optimised for A4.
Can anyone suggest somewhere please?
A local store, of a national chain, stated £7 each.
I thought I'd misheard her 😂

Thank you in advance

Nikki
ITV Winners Club Member (106)
Thank you all who post comps and answer questions.

Comments

• Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How about 34p each instead of £7 each, with delivery £2.99? https://www.aldiphotos.co.uk/poster-selection/
  • Mullhon2
    Mullhon2 Posts: 1,312 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That is much better.

Thank you :beer:
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Though beware the terrible reviews on trustpilot !
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.aldiphotos.co.uk?languages=en
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    dlusman wrote: »
    Though beware the terrible reviews on trustpilot !
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.aldiphotos.co.uk?languages=en

A lot of them seem to relate to delivery time and are complaining that their order hadn't arrived within 10 days (or whatever). If they'd read the information on the site they might have been better prepared for the fact that 'quick' delivery was never on offer. Add together production and delivery times and most of the reviews are based on a failure to read the info at https://www.aldiphotos.co.uk/delivery-times/
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • Mullhon2
    Mullhon2 Posts: 1,312 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you, I did notice most of negative reviews are for delivery time, I'm not in any immediate rush.
    I, also, noticed a lot about where they were printed.

Just out of interest, I do have a 'reasonable' printer. is it worth getting some decent photo paper (recommendations?) and doing them myself? These are pictures from a photo shoot, I want to share with family.
  • skid112
    skid112 Posts: 373 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    [QUOTE=Just_out_of_interest,_I_do_have_a_'reasonable'_printer._is_it_worth_getting_some_decent_photo_paper_(recommendations?)_and_doing_them_myself?_These_are_pictures_from_a_photo_shoot,_I_want_to_share_with_family.[/QUOTE]

It would really depend on what your reasonable printer is and whether you can bear the cost of the ink you will use. A bog standard HP/Canon/Epson isn't likely to be up to much and the amount of ink you will end up using will make this expensive, but again it will depend on you and how good a quality you are after.

I have used Boots, they are ok, reasonable quality and start at £0.99 for 10 by 8, 12 x 8 are 1.20
    Save 12k in 2020 #19 £12,429.06/£14,000
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mullhon2 wrote: »
    Thank you, I did notice most of negative reviews are for delivery time, I'm not in any immediate rush.
    I, also, noticed a lot about where they were printed.

Just out of interest, I do have a 'reasonable' printer. is it worth getting some decent photo paper (recommendations?) and doing them myself? These are pictures from a photo shoot, I want to share with family.

Do some costings based on cheap/quality photo paper and cheap compatible/branded inks (ebay's as good a starting point as any). I think you'll find it is more expensive to DIY and the end results, unless you have a top-end laser printer, won't be that great.

I guess you've considered and dismissed the idea of sharing them online with your family?
  • Julio72
    Julio72 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not sure if they do A4 but FreePrints is great, I've been using their app for over a year now and they are always delivered quickly and in good quality.
  • GreenQueen
    Options
    Do you have a local independent print shop? May be worth asking them for a quote. Our local print shop have always been good and reasonable - but obviously cannot compare with what you may have if they are independent!

If you are concerned about the quality, you could try a small order with one or two of the photos before you do the whole lot?
    2021 - mission declutter and clean - 0/2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport