money/budget app recommendations

Options
Looking for recommendations for app that will track spending put it in categories & show it in a graph/chart
Ideally one that doesn't require me to link a bank account & also one that will allow me to input my expenses as I mainly work cash, so one that will only draw data from my account activity isnt going to cut it!
A quick google shows, YNAB, mint, YOLT etc but tbh I've dodged this part of the field for a while due to not really needing it. I track my expenses in an old school spreadsheet! & am familiar enough with that the generate my own (weird & wonderful!) graphs & charts. But would like to see what the fuss is about on these apps & up my knowledge a bit

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 June 2019 at 5:34PM
    Options
    I recommend YNAB as it helped to turn my life around (from a financial perspective). After the free trial ends, it is a bit expensive. but I have found the method so useful and I'm satisfied that it saves more than it costs. The budgeting method is quite hard to get to grips with, but fortunately they run free web-based seminars to help newbies make the transition.

Edit: This is a duplicate thread...poor etiquette to make duplicates...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6018774
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • little_green
    little_green Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I recommend YNAB as it helped to turn my life around (from a financial perspective). After the free trial ends, it is a bit expensive. but I have found the method so useful and I'm satisfied that it saves more than it costs. The budgeting method is quite hard to get to grips with, but fortunately they run free web-based seminars to help newbies make the transition.

Edit: This is a duplicate thread...poor etiquette to make duplicates...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6018774
    yes I appreciate duplicate threads isnt ideal, what i've found on here is that different people seem to frequent different boards with some boards less active & sometimes i can be hard knowing what board a query might exactly fit into.

thank you for your response
  • little_green
    little_green Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I just downloaed this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=money.expense.budget.wallet.manager.track.finance.tracker&hl=en
    as it seems to be the most popular
    however when i open it for the month it says:
    income, expenses & balance
    How do i set or add to income? under expenses there is a yellow + sign where i can add expenses but there doesnt seem to be an input option for adding my income?
    ... i thought these things were meant to be simple?
  • Cheesephetamine
    Options
    ynab hands down. to learn how to use it google mike true at mapped out money
    TOTAL DEBT JUNE 2019: £38,233.87 Aiming debt free mid 2023. All bad debt written off / paid by January 2023. No missed payments in 2023. Only one active credit card to pay off! I DID IT 🎉
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure