Moving SIPP from HL

Options
I have a SIPP worth just under £160k, currently with Hargreaves Lansdown.
As a result of the current Woodford fiasco ( I have his Global Equity fund in an ISA with HL but thankfully not in my SIPP ), I am not willing to leave my SIPP with HL and so am looking for recommended alternatives from MSE Forum contributors.
Suggestions welcome !

Thanks
EM

Comments

• ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Zacwhite wrote: »
    I have a SIPP worth just under £160k, currently with Hargreaves Lansdown.
    As a result of the current Woodford fiasco ( I have his Global Equity fund in an ISA with HL but thankfully not in my SIPP ), I am not willing to leave my SIPP with HL and so am looking for recommended alternatives from MSE Forum contributors.
    Suggestions welcome !

Thanks
    EM

Seems a poor reason to move away given the good service they provide. However I can suggest A J Bell Youinvest who are also about half the price. They are also good.
  • Zacwhite
    Zacwhite Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for your quick response, I will look at AJ Bell.
    I also used to think HL offered "good service" but my views have changed since the facts about their relationship and dealings with Mr Woodford became known !!
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    Zacwhite wrote: »
    Thanks for your quick response, I will look at AJ Bell.
    I also used to think HL offered "good service" but my views have changed since the facts about their relationship and dealings with Mr Woodford became known !!

They didnt force anyone to invest in Woodford though. There were lots more in the Wealth 50 (was 150) to choose from.

Woodford has been poor for a while. He must be, even I managed to outperform him. :)
  • shinytop
    shinytop Posts: 2,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    So about £720 per year with HL. II would be £240 (£360 if in drawdown). I'm using both HL and II and while HL has better, glossier service, II isn't bad at all (so far) Think Waitrose vs Asda.
  • Madeinireland
    Options
    How about iWeb?
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    How about iWeb?

To keep the supermarket vernacular, Netto. :)
  • jaybeetoo
    jaybeetoo Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That doesn't seem like a good reason to move your SIPP.

If you are moving it to save money then I could understand. Interactive Investor currently have a cashback offer which (hopefully) will cover HLs charges for transferring and closing your SIPP.
  • DairyQueen
    DairyQueen Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Strange reason to transfer but, hey, I respect individual choices.

I have SIPPs with both HL and AJ Bell. The latter is cheaper. The former has excellent service and a really good web site. Waitrose v Sainsbury indeed.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Seems a poor reason to move away given the good service they provide. However I can suggest A J Bell Youinvest who are also about half the price. They are also good.

Yep,me too.
    I've built up about 70k in my HL SIPP having transferred about 50k from a Friends Provident pension four or five years ago.
    It's all in cash now as I await a possible market correction with Brexit before I steam back in again.
    Excellent website,great service.
    Woodford always reminded me of the saying that if something seemed too good to be true then it probably is.
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    Woodford always reminded me of the saying that if something seemed too good to be true then it probably is.

How prescient that turned out to be. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport