Product no longer available?

Options
My broker found me a really good mortgage product last week and got me an AIP from the lender.

I found the product directly on the lenders website the other day, went to look at it just now and it says 'sorry, product no longer available'.

A full application is just about to be submitted to the lender, but I'm getting a little anxious about whether the product has gone? My broker is away until Monday, so I won't hear until then.

I've got a 'mortgage illustration' from the lender for this specific product, which their website says isn't available, but am I right in saying nothing is guaranteed until I get a full mortgage offer?

Thanks.

Comments

• Neutrinno
    Neutrinno Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, the product could of been pulled. It is fairly usual for lenders to pull and add new products. There may be a similar one available instead.
    I am a Mortgage Broker.

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • jacobswell
    jacobswell Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Went to the lender directly who replied:
    "That product is still available through our Intermediaries, however it will be withdrawn on 21st June 2019 and provided intermediaries send applications to us by the 30th June we will honour that rate."

FEW!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport