M&S Beauty Box

Options
The new Beauty Box offer starts on Tuesday 18 June. Spend £40 and get the box for £15 (contents worth £110). Spend must be on clothing, home and beauty NOT food.;)

Comments

• redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
  • General_Grant
    General_Grant Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are those items in total really worth £110 to anyone?
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Are those items in total really worth £110 to anyone?
    I seriously doubt it. The items are small, not much more than samples. I don't see how they make the value £110, £15 is probably pushing it. Supermarket own-brand items will be cheaper, and repeatable.
    I suppose it appeals to those people who say "I only paid X for this and saved Y" when in reality it wasn't worth paying Y for it and you wouldn't have bought it anyway, so actually represents no saving at all - just marketing and vanity.
  • warby68
    warby68 Posts: 3,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks to OP :)

I think M&S are having a laugh with this one.

Samples used to be free to encourage you to try and then buy the full size, not products as such. How on earth they get £110 for items not actually usually sold is rather a stretch, to say the least.

M&S offers are generally a bit rubbish these days - ever since the emergence of Sparks - or so it seems IMO
  • marbella
    marbella Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well the Rodial Sheet Mask (full size) is £14 and the Rosie Radiance Highlighter (full size) is £12.50 Can't see how this box is not a bargain considering all the other items that come in it.
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    IMO this box can only possibly be called a bargain if you would have bought the full size items because you needed them and needed to buy £40 of other goods to qualify for it.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,023 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    IMO this box can only possibly be called a bargain if you would have bought the full size items because you needed them and needed to buy £40 of other goods to qualify for it.

I wouldn't have bought any of the things in the M&S box so, no, it wouldn't be a bargain for me.

Now, what I do call a bargain are the special boxes sometimes offered by Clinique (their own website). Again, you have to spend over a certain amount to qualify, but the last one I bought was £40 for over £100 worth of clinique products - all of which I do use, with the exception of the black mascara (which didn't go to waste).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure