Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • C_j_24
    • By C_j_24 16th Apr 19, 3:17 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    C_j_24
    Do Santander do 2 credit checks?
    • 16th Apr 19, 3:17 PM
    Do Santander do 2 credit checks? 16th Apr 19 at 3:17 PM
    Hi, we have recently had a mortgage which has been approved by Santander, and are currently waiting on some answers back from the vendors before we can exchange. I have heard that mortgage companies do another credit check before exchange/completion? Is this true? I was just wondering, as this process has taken a lot longer than expected and I have about 300 on my credit card now - there will also be a gap of a few months. Thanks.
Page 1
    • sunnysideup1
    • By sunnysideup1 16th Apr 19, 6:33 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    sunnysideup1
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:33 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 6:33 PM
    Santander just did the one with me (prior to mortgage offer) - but I was careful not to take out any new lines of credit prior to completion *just in case* and would caution you to do the same.
    • P2P Expert
    • By P2P Expert 16th Apr 19, 8:23 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    P2P Expert
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:23 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 8:23 PM
    Hi Santander only did one for me when I had a mortgage with them. Don't be worrying about it.
    • mazibee
    • By mazibee 16th Apr 19, 10:01 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mazibee
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:01 PM
    • 16th Apr 19, 10:01 PM
    Hi, we have recently had a mortgage which has been approved by Santander, and are currently waiting on some answers back from the vendors before we can exchange. I have heard that mortgage companies do another credit check before exchange/completion? Is this true? I was just wondering, as this process has taken a lot longer than expected and I have about 300 on my credit card now - there will also be a gap of a few months. Thanks.
    Originally posted by C_j_24
    Please can you share your timeline from putting an offer to getting your mortgage approved by Santander?

Are you employed/ self employed and whats checks were carried out?

We are also FTB with Santander.

Thanks in advance

Mazi
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,374Posts Today

4,215Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin