Do Santander do 2 credit checks?

Options
Hi, we have recently had a mortgage which has been approved by Santander, and are currently waiting on some answers back from the vendors before we can exchange. I have heard that mortgage companies do another credit check before exchange/completion? Is this true? I was just wondering, as this process has taken a lot longer than expected and I have about £300 on my credit card now - there will also be a gap of a few months. Thanks.

Comments

• sunnysideup1
    Options
    Santander just did the one with me (prior to mortgage offer) - but I was careful not to take out any new lines of credit prior to completion *just in case* and would caution you to do the same.
  • P2P_Expert
    P2P_Expert Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Santander only did one for me when I had a mortgage with them. Don't be worrying about it.
  • mazibee
    mazibee Posts: 417 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    C_j_24 wrote: »
    Hi, we have recently had a mortgage which has been approved by Santander, and are currently waiting on some answers back from the vendors before we can exchange. I have heard that mortgage companies do another credit check before exchange/completion? Is this true? I was just wondering, as this process has taken a lot longer than expected and I have about £300 on my credit card now - there will also be a gap of a few months. Thanks.
    Please can you share your timeline from putting an offer to getting your mortgage approved by Santander?

Are you employed/ self employed and whats checks were carried out?

We are also FTB with Santander.

Thanks in advance

Mazi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills