Radflek FREE Radiator Packs

Options
I kept refreshing the page and noticed the link was available around 10 or so seconds before 1pm.

I was able to complete the form and press submit in around 15-20 seconds (using a PC), so at around 13:00:15, and was still not able to get a hold of one of the free radiator packs.

To me, they went VERY VERY quickly - quicker than I had expected.

Now I know that there may have been thousands, if not millions, of people wanting these and I'm not questioning MSE's part in any of it... but sold out within 10-15 seconds? Part of me thinks that there may not have been that many available and/or it was a marketing tactic by Radflek to get people on to the site. My reasoning is based on the fact that the confirmation page heavily promoted the 20% discount and they went too quick for me - perhaps this was the plan... to drive traffic to the 20% discount?

I may be wrong, and probably am, but unfortunately, I'm really skeptical when it comes to these sorts of things so I'd love to hear what you all think!

PS: If anybody did manage to get the free packs, post and let us all know :)

Comments

• tonycbennett
    Options
    I had the same issue today having completed the online registration within 30 seconds....i fail to see how Radflek managed to accept 1000 requests with in less than 30s; this is not a bank or international corporation with mega bit tunnel to push & pull requests this fast....therefore I can, hand on heart say that this is a gimmick to obtain name, addresses, phone number and email addresses. MSE, please stop these type of FAKE deals.
  • IH8G24
    IH8G24 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Same for me - it seems impossible that 1,000+ other people were quicker than me (or you) - I want to give Radflek and MSE the benefit of the doubt, but this one just isn't believable.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    I got a connection but by the time I'd filled out the form I was too late -- this is discrimination against slow typers, which includes people with disabilities.

I'll know if they spam me, as I use a specific email address for each site.

1000 people in 30s is only about 30 hits a second which any decent web host should be able to cope with - I think Radflek are hosted on Cloudflare.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Durban
    Durban Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I also don't think that it is believable.

I tried when this promotion was on a couple of years ago and they had all gone in a few seconds which I think is impossible.

I haven't bothered since.

I would also like to know how many people actually did get them
    203846930 Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    When you consider that MSE sends out 11 million emails each week why is it so hard to believe that 1000 recipients beat you to the draw?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure