Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 17th Jan 19, 6:16 AM
    • 13,658Posts
    • 42,597Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Free baby box from Lidl and Baby Box Co
    • 17th Jan 19, 6:16 AM
    0 WOW
    Free baby box from Lidl and Baby Box Co 17th Jan 19 at 6:16 AM
    https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/free-baby-box-lidl-you-15678921?fbclid=IwAR2Zvtnt3Vm7CsJXd1lNSiEeHNh5BoDT q_tha5Z4_NfjrzPOJb1Uf8jBS0M

1 x mattress and waterproof cover

1 x fitted sheet

1 x 24 pack of Lupilu newborn nappies

1 x 56 pack of Lupilu newborn wipes

1 x muslin

Direct link to apply https://edu.babyboxco.com/register
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 1
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 17th Jan 19, 8:53 AM
    • 8,328 Posts
    • 18,052 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    • 17th Jan 19, 8:53 AM
    • 17th Jan 19, 8:53 AM
    My daughter mentioned this yesterday. To get the box and contents, you have to register, and then complete a short, online parenting course. This involved watching a few vidoes and answering some questions - my daughter said that it was very easy.

The boxes are then sent out to you a week later, unless you can collect from a store, but not all stores are collection points. My daughter has chosen to collect from a store in a nearby town. Her baby is due in nine weeks.
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 17th Jan 19, 11:32 AM
    • 8,328 Posts
    • 18,052 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    • 17th Jan 19, 11:32 AM
    • 17th Jan 19, 11:32 AM
    IMPORTANT

Today I took my daughter to collect her box and contents. Firstly, I apologise as I made an error in the bove post. The boxes cannot be collected from stores - they are available to collect from some Surestart Centres (selected ones only). If you want it posting out, there is a charge of $9.00 (yep, dollars, not pounds).

So, I drove my daughter to collect hers this morning, from the next town as that is the nearest collection point. She received the box, mattress, and sheet. The nappies, baby wipes, and muslin cloth were not there, so she asked about them, The Surestart staff member said that they are not included.

My daughter has phoned Lidl customer services who said that it is nothing to do with them, they are only advertising on behalf of the Baby Box Company. When my daughter pointed out that they are advertising that the boxes come with Lidl products that are not actually being included, the customer service rep said that they ahve had a number of phone calls this morning, and the details will be passed to their marketing department. They advised that my daughter contact the Baby Box Company. She has emailed them, and they hope to respond withing 3-4 working days.

So to recap, you still get the box, mattress and sheet after completing the 15 minute course and test. You can either pay for delivery (making it a low cost freebie) or collect from selected children's centres (we have at least six in a town of 180,000 people, but none that are collection points). The box does not necessarily come with all of the advertised products. Lidl are not interested.

Hope that this helps someone.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,582Posts Today

7,701Users online

Martin's Twitter