Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tg99
    • By tg99 5th Jan 19, 10:23 PM
    • 707Posts
    • 282Thanks
    tg99
    Extending Tesco clubcard vouchers
    • 5th Jan 19, 10:23 PM
    Extending Tesco clubcard vouchers 5th Jan 19 at 10:23 PM
    On the mse website it says to extend a voucher as you come close to the expiry date you can ďMake a small purchase on the Clubcard Boost* partner voucher exchange site (not in store or on other Tesco websites) and the remaining balance is credited back to your Clubcard account as points. They'll then be reissued as new vouchers (with an expiry date two years in the future) when you next get a batch. So if you spend 50p on a £10 voucher, you'll get £9.50 as new vouchers.Ē

With regards to the ďnot in storeĒ bit, I have not spent a voucher in store for over a year but Iím sure when I last did so then I received the change as points back to my account in the same way as happens when I get change from a Boost purchase. Hence anyone know if things have changed recently and thus that you now canít extend the voucher by spending it in store too? Thks.

(Unless the above is just meaning you canít make a Boost purchase in store....though if that is the case then not sure why it wouldnít also mention just spending a voucher in store on groceries etc as a way of extending.)
Page 1
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 13th Jan 19, 9:19 PM
    • 2,746 Posts
    • 2,074 Thanks
    no1catman
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:19 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 9:19 PM
    There aren't any Boost promotions now in-store. So, any attempt to spend in-store would be declined where the value was below the voucher value.

They may not want to announce it, but never used to be a problem ringing up Clubcard, and getting them rolled over, except some people took the p***!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
    • tg99
    • By tg99 13th Jan 19, 10:13 PM
    • 707 Posts
    • 282 Thanks
    tg99
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:13 PM
    • 13th Jan 19, 10:13 PM
    There aren't any Boost promotions now in-store. So, any attempt to spend in-store would be declined where the value was below the voucher value.

They may not want to announce it, but never used to be a problem ringing up Clubcard, and getting them rolled over, except some people took the p***!
    Originally posted by no1catman
    Is this a relatively recent change then as Iím sure a while back I used one of my vouchers for groceries in store and the change (since the purchase value was less than the voucher value) was refunded as points to my statement? Then again maybe Iím recalling incorrectly!
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 14th Jan 19, 10:15 PM
    • 2,746 Posts
    • 2,074 Thanks
    no1catman
    • 14th Jan 19, 10:15 PM
    • 14th Jan 19, 10:15 PM
    I couldn't be sure either way - I retired nearly four years ago!! Then I'm sure, couldn't over-pay whether with the then 'boost' coupons, or ordinary CC vouchers.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

620Posts Today

6,018Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: Should motorists be taxed more or less? It has been reported 10 councils are considering work? https://t.co/anFmUlSTYz

• Yes MONSOON IS WRONG. Even with sales items you've 14 days to notify of returns & 14 days after that to return 'em? https://t.co/ZCBrcy3pe7

• RT @paullewismoney: People who were students 1990-97 are being offered the chance to pay off half their unpaid student loan and the other h?

• Follow Martin