Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FTBNow
    • By FTBNow 9th Nov 18, 4:28 PM
    • 120Posts
    • 78Thanks
    FTBNow
    Credit card balance transfer
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:28 PM
    Credit card balance transfer 9th Nov 18 at 4:28 PM
    Sorry, I feel I'm spamming this forum today a little but I'm hoping someone can help.

I currently pay 118.31 to a Curry's store card (called YourPlan or Creation Consumer Finance) at 19% interest. The balance is currently 1,770.10.

On my credit report it always falls under credit card, so I'm wondering if it's possible to balance transfer this and if anyone has experience with these accounts? I've discovered on TotallyMoney I can transfer to a Barclaycard 18 month balance transfer: but I'm not sure if the Curry's store card is an account I can even transfer, or if this is even a good offer. I'm completely inexperienced with this kind of stuff as I always just increase my payments for the interest rates.

I'm not looking to extend the credit, just looking for lower repayments really.

Thanks for any help folks.
Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 9th Nov 18, 4:35 PM
    • 12,997 Posts
    • 10,070 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:35 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:35 PM
    As far as I know the Currys card works like a normal card so yes you should be able to BT it
    • FTBNow
    • By FTBNow 9th Nov 18, 4:37 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    FTBNow
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:37 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:37 PM
    And, this is going to sound really stupid but I am genuinely this inexperienced, do I just apply for a balance transfer card online and they ask which balance I want to transfer? Or do I clear the balance on the Currys account by asking for a settlement and "paying" with the balance transfer card?
    • Rick Albright
    • By Rick Albright 9th Nov 18, 4:57 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Rick Albright
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:57 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 4:57 PM
    Transfer when you take new credit card out. There is an option for it.
    • venison
    • By venison 9th Nov 18, 8:10 PM
    • 2,534 Posts
    • 2,850 Thanks
    venison
    • 9th Nov 18, 8:10 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 8:10 PM
    Most cards allow you to do it within 60 days of getting the new card. But some store cards (argos is one example) can't be BT so you need a money transfer card.
    Thanks for stopping by, have a good day/night/week/weekend/life
    • Craig1981
    • By Craig1981 10th Nov 18, 6:24 AM
    • 459 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    Craig1981
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:24 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 6:24 AM
    your new crd provider will be the one to say if this can be done or not. dont get a BT card and then make pyment to clear the curry's one, as this wont work and will be classed as a purchase, and doubt they will accept a CC for clearing a store card - Argos will only accept debit card payments, so assume the same type of card with currys

probably bets for a Money Transfer card - money into your bank with a small transaction fee, then pay cash to clear the sore account
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 10th Nov 18, 8:54 AM
    • 12,997 Posts
    • 10,070 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 10th Nov 18, 8:54 AM
    • 10th Nov 18, 8:54 AM
    I thought Argos was different because it doesn't have a 16-digit number
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,211Posts Today

8,738Users online

Martin's Twitter