Credit card balance transfer

Options
Sorry, I feel I'm spamming this forum today a little but I'm hoping someone can help.

I currently pay £118.31 to a Curry's store card (called YourPlan or Creation Consumer Finance) at 19% interest. The balance is currently £1,770.10.

On my credit report it always falls under credit card, so I'm wondering if it's possible to balance transfer this and if anyone has experience with these accounts? I've discovered on TotallyMoney I can transfer to a Barclaycard 18 month balance transfer: but I'm not sure if the Curry's store card is an account I can even transfer, or if this is even a good offer. I'm completely inexperienced with this kind of stuff as I always just increase my payments for the interest rates.

I'm not looking to extend the credit, just looking for lower repayments really.

Thanks for any help folks.

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,494 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    As far as I know the Currys card works like a normal card so yes you should be able to BT it
  • FTBNow
    FTBNow Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    And, this is going to sound really stupid but I am genuinely this inexperienced, do I just apply for a balance transfer card online and they ask which balance I want to transfer? Or do I clear the balance on the Currys account by asking for a settlement and "paying" with the balance transfer card?
  • Rick_Albright
    Options
    Transfer when you take new credit card out. There is an option for it.
  • Craig1981
    Options
    your new crd provider will be the one to say if this can be done or not. dont get a BT card and then make pyment to clear the curry's one, as this wont work and will be classed as a purchase, and doubt they will accept a CC for clearing a store card - Argos will only accept debit card payments, so assume the same type of card with currys

probably bets for a Money Transfer card - money into your bank with a small transaction fee, then pay cash to clear the sore account
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,494 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I thought Argos was different because it doesn't have a 16-digit number
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts